Duck Hunting Forum banner

F U Tire Slasher!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Bill Herian 
#1 ·
Me and my buddy hunted Upper Mud Lake in Madison on Sunday 11/17...We put in at Lake Farm Park on lake waubesa...Sat thru 2 different nasty thunderstorm cells, some high winds and constant rain...Didn't have any ducks give us a look, never even grabbed the gun...we called it quits around 10am only to come back to the boat launch to find one of my truck tires completely flat...Not more then 5 minutes after we got back to the boat launch a Madison Police officer rolled up and asked if I had a flat tire? The cop then proceeded to tell me that she had several reports this morning of some disgruntled p.o.s. homeowner on lake waubesa going around to near by boat launches and slashing tires and unscrewing lug nuts on trailers and trucks of all the duck hunters. Apparently she just got done helping a guy who had his tire pop off his duck boat trailer while going down the highway...I can't believe the stupidity of some people, what the F makes you think it's ok to slash tires and unscrew lug nuts on trucks/trailers just because you have to hear a shotgun off in the distance in the morning...Just keep an eye out for this loser, and if you see him slash his tire and kick him in the nuts for me!

#2 ·
I can't stand it when people buy houses/cabins on multiple-use lakes and get angry whenever someone uses the lake. I get dirty looks from all the people raking leaves at 10 a.m. when I pull my boat out of a 350 acre lake that is at least 50% unimproved shoreline. The locals don't mind, it is the people with "vacation" homes that are the problem. I actually expect to get my tire slashed at some point.

#5 ·
One year we were hunting a weed point in Egg Harbor Wis. Shooting time came and we had some shooting. Next thing we had the Door County Sheriff walking up to us asking what we were doing. He had a complaint that we were shooting in the dark at ducks, he looked over where we were hunting and said we were legal and firing in a safe direction. Now he had to go talk to the people that complained about us. He said they were from Illinois.....go figure.... :crying:

#6 ·
It was definitely one of the worst hunts I've ever had...thunderstorms, wind, no ducks, slashed tire, and to top it all off I fell victim to the Silverado's bound up spare tire clamp, couldn't get the spare free and had to get a ride (from someone with a truck who could hook up my trailer to their truck and get my boat out of the water first) to Farm n Fleet to get a new tire mounted and balanced on the rim, which took 4 hours!!!.....it was really sweet :fingerhead:

#8 ·
War Wagon said:
One year we were hunting a weed point in Egg Harbor Wis. Shooting time came and we had some shooting. Next thing we had the Door County Sheriff walking up to us asking what we were doing. He had a complaint that we were shooting in the dark at ducks, he looked over where we were hunting and said we were legal and firing in a safe direction. Now he had to go talk to the people that complained about us. He said they were from Illinois.....go figure.... :crying:
I thought only Conservation Officers can enforce game and hunting laws, could the sharrif even do anything if you were doing something wrong?

#10 ·
Trout&Duck said:
War Wagon said:
I thought only Conservation Officers can enforce game and hunting laws, could the sharrif even do anything if you were doing something wrong?
Not sure of the area, but in ours we have run into sherrif's enforcing "shooting violations." Not only the direction you are shooting, but the distance from building or residence and the town watershed regs.

#11 ·
Trout&Duck said:
The sheriff can enforce it if the township that you have hunted has adopted those restrictions as an ordinance or some such. Some cities where I am from allow archery hunting within city limits, but not firearm hunting. Even though it applies to hunting, its not a hunting regulation. A cop certainly can enforce an ordinance restricting you from discharging a firearm within so many feet of a dwelling, just the same as he can ticket you for a noise violation, or not having a burn permit.

If a sheriff tries to count your ducks, or ticket you for shooting before LST, that's another story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.