Did everyone pack up?

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Did everyone pack up?

Postby marktank » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Anybody pack it up for the year after the big freeze?
marktank
hunter

Re: Did everyone pack up?

Postby GREENHEAD777 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:22 pm

No sir. Been itching to get out. I'll be out tomorrow morning on a small river. Don't think I'll see a ton of birds but its always nice to get out in the freezing cold and 20 mph winds. How about you?
GREENHEAD777
hunter

Postby bob55 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm tempted to....been a rough Nov the way it is.....but I'm going to try WI river tmrw.... launches maybe froze up when I get there but we ll see.
bob55
hunter

Postby marktank » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Yep time to try and get on the rivers, the lakes are pretty much done.
marktank
hunter

Postby boontize2 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 am

Hell no ill be out till its over no matter what if I can't break my way thru ill bring the chainsaw if its too thick for that ill bring a tarp and set deeks on it broke out launch yesterday and a path to my spot after boat was in then a hole there by evening the majority of that side of the lake opened up if it stays windy your hole will mostly stay open good luck I know the ice fishermen were probaby pissed like ill be fishin by thanksgivin then here I come doin hot laps breakin all the ice ha :hi:
boontize2
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:27 am

^^^Yep!!!
Rhock19
hunter

Postby fish'n'shoot » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:44 am

Had a great day yesterday, had to bust through large frozen sections of the river to get to my spot, but had a successful morning of shooting! Not as many geese (?), but a bunch of mallards.

Broke a large section of ice in the back-water hole, but it promptly froze over again within 30 min! I still had mallards touching down right next to the frozen decoys though! Do people ever put field decoys on the ice? I saw one guy do that last year - any success with that?

Only problem with the river - sections of ice kept floating down and catching the decoy lines and dragging them down stream!
fish'n'shoot
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Nope.... :no: Duck runs till Dec 1 and Longnecks till the 21st we will be out there till the END !!! :clapping:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:09 pm

I'll probably go lay on the frozen mud this weekend to try and shoot a couple geese, but mentally I'm packed up.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:15 pm

I did not go out this weekend with cold and snow coming down. :crying: So I had to get a Christmass tree and off I went. On my way out the tree farm around 11 am there they were, Longnecks flying in this snow, I had to follow them and they were just piling into a corn field. It was real like a painting, snow coming down and birds just dumping in. Only thing missing was me in a layout blind.
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeah they were flying hard today when I was out pheasant hunting. Geese are still here for sure!
Rhock19
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:44 pm

War Wagon wrote:I did not go out this weekend with cold and snow coming down. :crying: So I had to get a Christmass tree and off I went. On my way out the tree farm around 11 am there they were, Longnecks flying in this snow, I had to follow them and they were just piling into a corn field. It was real like a painting, snow coming down and birds just dumping in. Only thing missing was me in a layout blind.

If it's any consolation, those same birds will probably be eating popcorn out of the hand of same bow-legged flatlander all winter.

Was that in your painting?
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 am

yeah he forgot to mention the park bench painted just a few yards off the corn. and a swarm of gulls fighting over some trash that someone dropped as they walked by lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:06 am

:lol::lol::lol:
Rhock19
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting