FIBS

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

FIBS

Postby Robert plus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 pm

This past season had the unpleasure of a meeting with our neighbors to the south. A buddy and I were hunting a lake in dodge county we had bluebills come into us we dropped 2 of 3 next thing we know a boat about 300 yds from us came up hauling ass screaming this was private property. they told us that we hada pack up and leave , but some good talking on my part we were able to finish out the day. later that day I decided to reread to regs and we were prefectly legal . So I contacted the local dnr and explained what had happened he laughed at it saying the I was legal . so the next wweekend I decided to back to the same place saw the guys the boat launch they told once again it was private I told them it wasn't and I would call the dnr and have him come out and explain the rules .them personally but they probably would get ticket for harassment . needless to say they got in thier boat and went off . yes they had Illinois tags on their truck and boat . has anyone had a situation like this before ?
Robert plus
hunter

Re: FIBS

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Nothing I haven't seen from fellow Sconnies.
Bill Herian
hunter

Re: FIBS

Postby BurnettGunner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:45 am

These things are bound to happen. Just wait until you are a 100 yards from a cabin on "their" shoreline, banging away at ducks.
I try not to set up that close to someone else's place but a lot of times you don't have much choice on a 50-100 acre lake. It is legal and luckily most people take it in stride. I usually hear about how I interrupted someone's morning dump with shotgun fire later on. I just buy them a beer and nod my head.
BurnettGunner
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting