Green Bay

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Green Bay

Postby DuckDeerHunterWI » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:26 pm

How do you guys hunt the bay ducks and what type of boat do you use do you need a layout boat
DuckDeerHunterWI
hunter

Re: Green Bay

Postby marktank » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:05 pm

I think you need to go with someone on a hunt before you try anything. Green Bay is not for beginners unless your going with someone who knows what can happen out there.
marktank
hunter

Re: Green Bay

Postby loon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:31 pm

I hunt the bay a lot, you will do better with a layout but a regular boat blind works very well especially when the birds first arrive. The bluebills usually get here Oct 24th plus or minus 6 days . Very easy limits of bills when they first get here but after you shoot your 3 it's a very frustrating bird watching experience ! There are several boat launches and the bay is shallow you can do well with wading , the more decoys you have the better you will do if you can hunt weekdays it's much less crowded than weekends. Overall people are reasonable as to not crowding you, a group of 2or 3 hunters is best for safety and to share the workload! I have shot every species of duck known to be in Wisconsin out there but on a daily basis I look at a lot of bluebills waiting for the occasional redhead buffleheads or can by early Nov lots of whistlers . Just when I think there is nothing but bills then something cool flies by. I have shot every Wi puddler all 3 types of scoter, oldsquaws and of course all the common divers.
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting