Alot of new people...Tell us about yourself

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Re: Alot of new people...Tell us about yourself

Postby ndorrler » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Greetings!

I'm from Central WI originally (Mead Wildlife area) and have been waterfowl (and everything else) hunting for the past 15 years. The tradition and ethics were instilled in me by my father my entire life and I enjoy meeting other hunters/anglers who have a similar conservation/wildlife ethic.

I stumbled upon this site while trying to figure out a way to find hunting partners in Southeast WI. I'm 28 and moved to Southeast WI a few years ago (Mukwonago/East Troy area). Being new to the area, I don't know many people and have generally defaulted to driving North to hunt & fish on the weekends. However, I'm very interested in finding more of these opportunities locally.

I've also been scouting/exploring public lands in the area for bow hunting spots but would love to hear if anyone has any pointers on that as well!

Cheers!
-Natalie (28, Mukwonago)
ndorrler
Newb

Postby DellsDucks » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:22 am

Hey,
I'm Skylar from Wisconsin Dells. I hunt here and near ripon wisconsin and travel all over for the birds. I attend Ripon College and work for my parents in the summer at our family business. I hunt and fish other species as well. I love to hunt with new people, and have a great time. I have hunted with my family and close friends in the past.
Thanks,
Skylar
Dells Ducks
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby stephenk22 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Whatsup guys,

Im Stephen, 25 years old and just moved back to Appleton, WI from Charleston, SC. I got hooked on duck hunting while I lived down there 2 years ago. Only got a chance to hunt twice, but it has stuck with me since then and I am doing my best to learn everything I can about duck hunting here in Wisconsin. Im currently a crew leader for a concrete cutting company and a photographer. So far I've gone out twice and hunted some public land near shiocton for early teal. Would have had a great hunt, if it wasn't for two jump shooters who kicked up all the ducks, proceeded to walk past me, sit down 50 feet from me and sky bust the rest of the morning. (I learned why you all hate public land so much). I won't ask you stupid questions like "where are the ducks?". I realize this sport is about putting hard work in, and a lot of scouting!
stephenk22
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Welcome aboard dude.
Bill Herian
hunter

Previous

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting