Stump jumper motor

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Stump jumper motor

Postby wackem' n stackem' » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm

In the process of rebuilding and repowering a 14 foot jon boat. My buddy and i are looking at putting a stump jumper motor on it. Do any of you guys run that motor or heard any reports on it?
wackem' n stackem'
hunter

Re: Stump jumper motor

Postby send the dog » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:31 pm

I had one of the first ones built. I don't want to rain on your parade here, however, the best thing i ever did was to trade it in on a go-devil. Back then in my area, those were the only two choices and it was some 15 or so years ago. it is possible that improvements have been made and the kinks are worked out. What size motor and what year?
send the dog
hunter

Re: Stump jumper motor

Postby quack-quack » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 pm

I was considering that brand and another similar, Then I bought the motor I have now, not a stump jumper.
I've got mine for sale if your interested too! Even if you didn't want mine I'd still recommend something different as they just aren't that strong to hold up under hunting conditions.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/4347211580.html
quack-quack
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting