Green Bay/Valley area

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Green Bay/Valley area

Postby quackercraker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:47 pm

So I am new to the sport of duck hunting and really am looking forward to getting into it! Have always been a hunter and hunted everything in Wisconsin from upland birds, to deer, and coyote. My issue is I've just moved to Green Bay from up north and now don't really know how to get started in duck hunting. If there's anyone the hunts green bay/valley area that would be willing to teach a couple things to a new hunter I'll be the retriever and buy the first beers after hunting! Thanks
quackercraker
Newb

Re: Green Bay/Valley area

Postby dudejcb » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:47 pm

If I recall, there is, or were, quite a few places along the Bay on both east and west side. Pete's Lake, Long Tail are out west and north of where the Fox River meets the Bay. Pete's Lake is first, then Long Tail, and then Suamico. Something like that.

You might look south and scout around Lake Winnebago and those lakes, Butte Des Morts.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting