Partner Next Season

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Partner Next Season

Postby DellsDucks » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi,
My hunting buddy at college is graduating this year and i have one more year here at Ripon College so I am wondering if anyone in this area would like to start planning on doing a couple of hunts together next season?
Thanks,
Dells Ducks
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Re: Partner Next Season

Postby WIgunner30 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Ripon? I live in ripon lol what areas ya hunt? Rush lake can be good during the week when the crowds are down. Green lake county lakes hold ducks. I have a mod v boat with beavertail and blind I could maybe squeeze ya in sometime during the season. Just to warn u I will be breaking in a black lab part of the season since my 12 yr old chocolate is over the hill. He has hyper puppy syndrome
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

I do a lot of hunting on the back waters off of spalding road i haven't had much of a chance to get out on rush due to i only have a skiff up at college. Working with a pup is not a big deal to me because i have trained both of my dogs myself and have already gone through it.
2013 Waterfowl
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:48 pm

I wouldn't hunt with that gunner guy, he's a turd and a terrible shot. Plus he's bad luck so,you won't see any birds
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

If you have your kill counts in your signature then you're automatically a dbag!
goosie119
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:15 pm

DellsDucks wrote:I do a lot of hunting on the back waters off of spalding road i haven't had much of a chance to get out on rush due to i only have a skiff up at college. Working with a pup is not a big deal to me because i have trained both of my dogs myself and have already gone through it.

Backwaters of Spalding rd? Sweet. Got a new spot.

Sent from Sconnieland
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:05 pm

goosie119 wrote:I wouldn't hunt with that gunner guy, he's a turd and a terrible shot. Plus he's bad luck so,you won't see any birds

Bahahahaha. I know who this is. How's the trophy drake shoveler that I push poled my butt off for you to shoot :-)
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:32 pm

DellsDucks wrote:I do a lot of hunting on the back waters off of spalding road i haven't had much of a chance to get out on rush due to i only have a skiff up at college. Working with a pup is not a big deal to me because i have trained both of my dogs myself and have already gone through it.

Are you the one that tried to steal my spot with the skiff lol. The dude with the boat and the beavertail With the chocolate lab was me last yr. you should use that skiff as a layout later in the season for divers on the main lake. Holy crap are there rafts of divers by the inlet
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 pm

WIgunner30 wrote:Bahahahaha. I know who this is. How's the trophy drake shoveler that I push poled my butt off for you to shoot :-)

Talking about this one? A little exercise did you some good, plus you saw with your own eyes the legendary shot I am when I told you I only needed 1 shot and folded him clean at like 45 yards :thumbsup:

And it's not like this area is top secret, lots of pressure, and lots of dickheads that think they own the water in front of their permanent blinds that show up 10 mins before shooting time and pitch a hissy fit when you don't give them their spot...
Attachments
image.jpg
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

If you have your kill counts in your signature then you're automatically a dbag!
goosie119
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Yup that's the one I'm talking about. There not nearly as big of dickheads anymore since I got em busted by the warden. No ones hunted that big blind in yrs. last I heard they lost there hunting priveledges for three yrs. who the hell puts no trespassing signs in the water and threatens ppl with loaded fire arms. Obviously those guys. Finally they screwed with the wrong guy..... Me. It's actually enjoyable to hunt green lake again.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:38 am

Ya in the early part of the season and technically speaking i didn't steal your spot because we were all set up when u got out there lol. Lol was that your dog that was wimpering all morning long. and it was scary as hell when you could here your shots going through the reeds behind us lol.
2013 Waterfowl
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 am

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:

Sent from Sconnieland

That crap don't bother me man that is the problem with Wisconsin outdoorsmen they always try to steal ideas from other people. That is why we have such a bad reputation through out the country. IDC if you take my spot go for it in all honesty ill be the bigger person and just move i have plenty of other areas throughout the state. Don't always worry about yourself and just killing but enjoy the sport and be respectful to others.
2013 Waterfowl
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:48 am

WIgunner30 wrote:Yup that's the one I'm talking about. There not nearly as big of dickheads anymore since I got em busted by the warden. No ones hunted that big blind in yrs. last I heard they lost there hunting priveledges for three yrs. who the hell puts no trespassing signs in the water and threatens ppl with loaded fire arms. Obviously those guys. Finally they screwed with the wrong guy..... Me. It's actually enjoyable to hunt green lake again.

Are you talking the big blind on the lake side of spalding? because i went out there early last year and noticed it out there then half way through the year it was gone.
2013 Waterfowl
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:43 am

DellsDucks wrote:
WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:

Sent from Sconnieland

That crap don't bother me man that is the problem with Wisconsin outdoorsmen they always try to steal ideas from other people. That is why we have such a bad reputation through out the country. IDC if you take my spot go for it in all honesty ill be the bigger person and just move i have plenty of other areas throughout the state. Don't always worry about yourself and just killing but enjoy the sport and be respectful to others.

Wisconsin's reputation? I'm pretty sure every state has that problem. And I didn't say it was a new spot for me with any seriousness. I was more referring to you giving it to hundreds of internet scouters.

Sent from Sconnieland
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:23 pm

DellsDucks wrote:Ya in the early part of the season and technically speaking i didn't steal your spot because we were all set up when u got out there lol. Lol was that your dog that was wimpering all morning long. and it was scary as hell when you could here your shots going through the reeds behind us lol.

Yep lol I think he had to take a huge dump! We didn't shoot towards you but I'm sure with the fog and heavy air every shot echo'd like a **** down in that hole. Your shots sounded like a german flak 88 going off to us lol. There was a big blind on the point that vanished before season. There's also a huge blind further down that isn't grassed up anymore and starting to fall apart. That's the on I'm talking about. Same guys hunt that point also. They used to think they owned that water and harrassed everyome that went back there. goosie119 knows all about it. I usually hunt the spot you set up in that morning been hunting there for over 12 yrs. gotta be careful algae almost killed my dog back there one yr. it was pretty bad. He was shaking puking fever had that sharts. Couldn't hardly move for a week. Gotta get closer to the main lake as the season goes on cause mostly divers around. I launch all the way up on big green.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:10 am

Nice well maybe we will have to get together for some hunts this year and see if we can lay a smack down on some of them. I also have a couple other spots that are a bit of a drive and one hell of a skiff paddle so if ur up to it maybe we can pull that off too.
2013 Waterfowl
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby uglymug » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Isn't green lake west of the southern point of 'baggo?

Im about 45 min from you guys in columbus. I'd love to setup a hunt with some wi dhc guys.
uglymug
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:01 pm

It's more west of the tip of bago about 35 min
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:07 pm

What lakes do you hunt? I'm going down by horicon sometimes this yr. I know beaver dam lake holds ducks and toms of geese around fox lake.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby uglymug » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:11 pm

I usually go with partner on the Wisconsin up near 'Point or hunt a private island near Boscobel/ Praire Du Chene area. Lately I've been scouting for something a bit more local. I'd love to try Horicon Marsh, but from what others have said on here it can be a bit of a freak show if you go during the weekend. My biggest problem is the lack of a boat besides a canoe (and being newly engaged the lack of funds to acquire one).
uglymug
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:44 pm

My brother lives in plover and works in Stevens point. We might be hunting the northern opener on the wisconsin river if I can get off both weekends in a row from work. I have days off during the week so it works out to avoid the freak show weekends :-)
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Let me know if you guys wander up to point, if not to hunt I'd meet up for a beer.

Word from the Cheddarsphere.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:21 pm

For sure! I don't know the area real well. My bro has found some promising spots while fishing. Just as long u keep the fart blasting to a minimum lol. That causes spontaneous duck blind combustion.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:43 pm

I have chronic gas problems.

Sent from Sconnieland
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Don't worry I've almost blew up my duck boat many times! Lol
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 am

I wouldn't mind meeting new DHC peeps. I know there's a few around me.

Sent from Sconnieland
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Next

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting