New WI guy

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

New WI guy

Postby CMAN » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Hey fellow wisconsinites hows the off season treating ya. Turkey huntings right around the corner hang in there. :salude:

Im from leines country so I had to go with mugs
:smile:
Chad
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:19 am

:welcome: I'm from the Janesville/Edgerton area. Where do hunt in Wisconsin? Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby CMAN » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:27 pm

I hunt Chippewa county mostly. I live in Cadott about 40 miles East of Eau Claire. I do alot of goose hunting north of here by holcombe and conrath. (all small towns not close to anything really)

Chad
TAKE EM BOYS
CMAN
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:49 pm

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it. :welcome:.
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:12 am

CMAN,
I know right where you are. I hunt the northern opener in the Winter area. My father-in-law has a cottage on Lake Winter. I also deer hunt up there. I pass through Cadott and Lake Holcombe on my way through on Highway 27. I see alot of geese when you first come into Ladysmith in that park on the right. You said they are all small towns not close to anything really. I might say that it is as close to Gods' country as possible. I love it up there, probably only visit 5 or 6 times a year, but hate to leave when I do go. Do you bear hunt? It won't be long and you'll have your own turkey season if not already. I've been seeing alot more of them along with pheasants as I've been passing through. Well post up as your season comes around. Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby CMAN » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:09 pm

Well I guess the country isnt to bad around here :smile: I dont bear hunt but theres getting to be a lot of the beasts around. I hunt just south of cadott for turkeys unit 39 I drew May 4-8 this year. Ive followed geese off the ladysmith park pond on three different occasions and all were successful.

Chad
TAKE EM BOYS
CMAN
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:24 am

Chad, Have you scored on a turkey up there yet? I've got some real bruisers down here. I've got the week after you in rock Co. Unit 27. Good luck! Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby CMAN » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:49 pm

Ive had plenty of oppurtunities but have yet to capitalive. I missed a jake a few years ago at 30 yards :oops: I had a tom last year within 40 but still couldnt manage to get a shot. So no, but I will!!!! Good luck to you as well.

Chad
TAKE EM BOYS
CMAN
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting