THE ITCH TO HUNT IS BACK

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

THE ITCH TO HUNT IS BACK

Postby ZHUNTER » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:01 am

Wow! Im so excited for this years season to start that I can hardly stand it. I've taken care of 2 new blinds for the southern opener this year and I have been getting really pumped up for it. Hopefully we have a better turn out on duck populations this year! Anybody else bitten by the duck hunting bug?
ZHUNTER
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:44 pm

I'm not bitten. I've been attacked by a swarm of them there duck bugs! Looking forward to the early goose opener and Dove hunting.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ZHUNTER » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:47 pm

Im really looking forward to the first of september for the geese and doves just like you said. Im just seeing swarms of doves on the land I hunt and the geese are just starting to group up and fly again. Last year was great opening day for early goose and doves. Me and my cousin filled our limit of 5 geese in the first hour. 3 of the 10 were banded too. :smile: We also had 9 people hunting for doves and we ended up with 95 I think it was for the first day. Those little things love the seeds in that prarie grass. Good luck w/ your hunting this season
ZHUNTER
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:28 pm

Good luck to you as well! Hope your season is safe and bountiful to you and your family and friends!
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wiwoodie » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:24 pm

I would have to say I have it bad, Can't wait for the season to begin.
wiwoodie
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:31 pm

Hartford? Years ago Hartford was hit with an ice/snow storm in early may and toppled a ton of trees through-out the city, and at the time I was working for the Wisconsin Conservation Corps (WCC) and we were called in to assist the city on the clean up. I was about 20 years old at the time and my buddy and I were given free run of the town, because they were under a small "state of emergency" So we walked in there and were each given a 36" chainsaw and basically walked around the local parks and went nuts on the Maple Tree population. That was a blast! I don't know how old you are wiwoodie, but that must have been about 18 years ago. Do you hunt around Hartford? Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wiwoodie » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:25 am

Yep I do as much hunting around here as possiable, I'm 38 years old. I remember the storm at the time I was living by Holy Hill and that was great, was a kid at the time and was able to ride the snowmobile on the roads for a whole week!!!!!!!!!!!! :getdown: :getdown:
wiwoodie
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting