Dead Ducks in Horicon?

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Dead Ducks in Horicon?

Postby WI_LabLover » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:08 am

Anyone hear anything about a report of over 1,000 dead ducks found in Horicon? I hope its not true but a buddy said he heard it on Friday.

Supposedly the ducks were feeding on maggot infested fish (very low water levels) and died?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Shoot em in da lips!

Jim C.

Member: WISILL HRC, Horicon Marsh HRC
UH HR Snoops WCX
UH HR Marshall's Sweet Sadie WCX
Southeast, WI
US Navy Veteran 1978-1982 (USS Lafayette, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower)
Born & Raised - Westmoreland County, PA
WI_LabLover
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:14 am

I think we heard that from the same guy. John? By chance. Where are you from Lab lover? I'm from Edgerton, and frequently hunt with john (Goosen). He also promotes the wing waver. As moderator, I must advise you against free promotion of the Wing Waver. You are more than welcome to promote the Sportsman Ministries, and your Badger state HRC. So can you please delete the Wing Waver from your signature. You can advertise with Duck hunting Chat but you must take that up with Administration first. Scroll down to bottom of this page and see "Terms and Conditions" and "Advertising" . Thanks for understanding, A fellow Christian, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby WI_LabLover » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:22 am

Thanks for the heads up. I got Gosen involved in BSHRC this year. Now, he's hooked. I'm also guiding for him on waterfowl as needed and handle his pheasant bookings. I'm sure we'll meet this year!

God Bless!

Jim C.
Mukwonago,WI
Shoot em in da lips!

Jim C.

UH HR Snoops WCX
Southeast, WI
WI_LabLover
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:34 pm

Jim,
I'm sure we'll get out together somewhwere along the line. What do you think of john's calling? I hate to give him a big head, but not too shabby!
:thumbsup: And if you read this john, some day you'll be as good as me! :toofunny: ticka ticka digga digga dooga dooga dugga dugga QUAAAAAACK QUAAAACK QUAAACK quaack quack quak qua qua qua qua!
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Goosen » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:40 pm

Pete :toofunny: you are always a barrel of leafs. :laughing: LOL maybe someday i will be as good as you call waterfowl!

Lablover :welcome: it is good to see you here yes i am hooked on BSHRC. It's at thing to do on the off season with your dogs :thumbsup: thanks for showing me the way. :getdown:
See ya in the field
Goosen
hunter

Postby WI_LabLover » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:29 am

Was scouting a little Saturday morning, walking a dike. Had the girls on the "e-lead". I stop to look for some ducks as I heard the ole whistling wings above me. Next thing I know I look down the dike and the girls are gone! Just as I'm about to hit the tone button, I see 10 geese come busting out and swimming like heck towards open water. You can guess who's right on their tails! I had to nick the girls 3 times to get them off 'em!

We then stood and watched the family as I'd cluck back and forth at them. The girls stayed steady and we ended up seeing a few mallards and only heard a woody. Water levels are low and hopefully we'll get some serious rain between now and opener.
Shoot em in da lips!

Jim C.

UH HR Snoops WCX
Southeast, WI
WI_LabLover
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting