Has anybody hunted the Germaina Marsh?

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Has anybody hunted the Germaina Marsh?

Postby quackattack_now » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:03 pm

I have been hunting this marsh now for about 6 years and have found it to be a consistant place to get ducks. Ooening this year was not as good as last year but still good non the less beats the heck out of working!! I got 3 teal opening. Two blue wing and one green. And One mallard hen.
All the ducks shot between 12:15 and 1:30 the rest of the day was to hot and to clear all the ducks were up around 80 to 100 yards. Sunday wasn't terrible either had to get up at 3 am to get a spot though. I still got my duck tough. 6:36 shot a wood duck hen and then the ducks were very high. So 5 ducks in all on opening weekend not to bad for hot blue bird days.
Hello and good hunting to all
quackattack_now
hunter

Postby CMAN » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:44 pm

never hunted there but did have the same problem opening weekend. I need a cold, rainy, foggy day!!!!
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby quackattack_now » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:34 pm

What area are you hunting cman??
quackattack_now
hunter

Postby CMAN » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:04 am

I hunt Chippewa and Clark county mostly. No major wetlands but plenty of birds. Its just been to nice for the birds to do what we need them to. I hear there is a good front coming in on Thurs. should help matters a little. Where exactly is Germaina marsh? We killed 3 mallards opening day then this past weekend we got 5 geese and 4 mallards all over fields.
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby quackattack_now » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:45 pm

Germaina marsh is about 35 minuets west of ripon wisconsin and about 15 minuets from my house in princeton. The local bird pop is great but a good portion is a refuge and the birds like to sit in the middle of it. Me and my hunting partners sit on the line and wait for them to fly out or back in. Shooting is great when northern ducks come in. I have had very good luck in this area for the last 6 seasons. I seem this yaer to be starting out good this yaer i have actually ben able to hit them. I would love to get out and hunt some big waters yet like green lake.
quackattack_now
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:50 am

Green lake holds alot of ducks. I lived in ripon or pickett all my life and if u have a boat green lake u cant beat. Holds alot of geese in the area to u can catch them sometimes coming back to the water miday and towards closing.
WIgunner30
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting