Packers First Day Draft

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Packers First Day Draft

Postby jrode237 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Well just when you think Ted Thompson can't possibly get any dumber, he goes and does something like this...AND TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!
Must say as a Packer fan this is the first draft that I've been happy with under TT. Raji is a flatout stud and should plug into the 3-4 scheme perfectly. As far as trading away a few picks to move up for Matthews, all I gotta say is I hope for the kids sake he performs. Defenitely adressed "needs" for the team instead of picking straight out talent (in which case perhaps Crabtree was the "best available").
jrode237
hunter

Re: Packers First Day Draft

Postby vacuum6 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:34 pm

i am not a ted fan at all. he drafted a nose tackle with a number one pick before....that guy is still invisible...but he is rich.
we will have to see how THIS nose tackle pans out.
vacuum6
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Mon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Nor am I a fan of Ted but comparing Raji to Harrell (i assume that's the nose tackle your talking about) is like comparing a cadillac to a yugo. Unlike Harrell, Raji was actually rated at close to the point in the draft where he was taken by many draft experts. Harrell on the other hand was not rated by any draft experts as worthy of a first round pick. And yes, time will tell if this years picks will pan out but they sure look good on paper. :yes:
jrode237
hunter

Postby Johnny-O » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm reading through these old posts today and thought this was amusing. Ya just never know how things will turn out!
Johnny-O
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:49 pm

id say it worked out
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 am

Packers have a LONG LONG line of #1 Draft BUSTS. Remember Rich Cambell , Tony " I want a sandwich" Jamal Renolds or the best year to me is the year they PASSED on Ronny Lott, ya he went to the Stinking Radiers, he had a crappy life there right. IMO they would be better to trade down.
2013 Draft better be ALL D !!!!!! They are :hammer: us back there..
War Wagon
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting