Lake Wisconsin Duck Hunting

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Lake Wisconsin Duck Hunting

Postby twin_teal » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:47 am

Anyone here hunt lake wisconsin? I've never hunted there and was wondering if I should stick relatively close to the lake or if my time is better off spent above the interstate bridge? I've only been on the lake in the spring and found some nice potholes above the bridge but I'm not really sure if I want to run the river in the dark. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also what kind of ducks can I expect around here? I'm from LaCrosse so I'm used to seeing lots of puddle ducks but I've heard rumor that there are a few divers around these parts. Thanks again
Twin teal
why have a mud motor when you could have an airboat?
twin_teal
hunter

Lake Wisconsin

Postby fishmunkee » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:02 pm

I'm hunting the area for the first time this year myself. I've seen woodies, teal and mallards so far this season. Got one greenhead and a teal so far. Is there decent diver hunting later in the season? Any tactics work for this area that someone could clue me in on? Thanks for any info.
fishmunkee
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting