Finally Cold Weather!!!

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Finally Cold Weather!!!

Postby Bduckin » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:57 pm

:getdown:

Well I dont know about the rest of you but I am sure glad to see the cooler weather arrive. I didnt care so much for those 80+ days in Oct. This morning I finally got my first birds of the season!!! Two nice drake woodies in two shots. Much better than my less than steller display during opening weekend. I dont know about the rest of you but I am seeing a lot of geese north of the Milwaukee area. However most of them know where they are safe (like the 200 or so birds that were camped out in a local park).

Have the rest of you seen any flocks of mallards move in yet?
Bduckin
hunter

Postby Quacker_Smacker » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:44 am

I was able to get out with a buddy on thursday morning. We hunted off the mississippi river in the lacrosse area called Hammond Chute. By 7:30 A.M. we shot our limit of Mallards all greenheads except for 1 hen, only 2 were mature though. Then we also got 1 Woodduck and 1 BWT. We had lots and lots and lots of mallards wanting in this pothole where we were sitting.
If it flys it dies
Quacker_Smacker
Newb

Postby twin_teal » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:44 am

Looks like its going to be a great weekend for duck hunting. Saturday's forcast is 51 and rain, Sunday 46 and rain. That should get the ducks going a lil bit
why have a mud motor when you could have an airboat?
twin_teal
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting