antelope hunt

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

antelope hunt

Postby wackemstackem » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 am

Whats up fellas,Im wanting to come out and do a solo antelope hunt.I think I posted up here a while back and was advised by alot guys that I dont need a guide.Im thinking I can scrape up enough coin to come out this season and have got to have my aplications in by mid march.
How can I find out where to go,I dont want to just pick a spot on a map,Whats the best way to look up some locations of public land and locate hotels nearby.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Re: antelope hunt

Postby deaner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 am

It depends on what part of the state youre thinking of. I live in Gillette and had 5 in my yard this morning, and I live IN TOWN! The damn things are everywhere! There is alot of Walk In Areas along with a ton of BLM land you could easily get an antelope. You can go online to Wyomings Game and Fish, they have a link to all their enrolled WIAs.
Butt, Breast, Beak, BANG!
deaner
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:06 pm

I have no idea where I want to go.I was thinking Casper.Whats a good city to visit that has a healthy goat population..?
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby deaner » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 am

Oh dear God...velcro gloves? Kidding...as far as goats Ima say west into the mountains. Anywhere in Wyoming and I think youll be good on antelope. Saw a big hurd this morning wandering around the pond across from my house.
Butt, Breast, Beak, BANG!
deaner
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting