new guy guy to college

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

new guy guy to college

Postby blackdog93 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:48 am

Hey guys I want to first say im not looking for any hotspots honey holes or anything like that :smile: . Im proabaly moving up to Laramie Wy this next fall to play football and go to school and experiance the cowboy way of life. anyways I'll cut to the point I was wondering how the waterfowl huting is around that area is like # wise I've grown up in oregon and fell in love with the sport of waterfowl hunting at an early age and would love to continue it in college thanks for any info

Blackdog
blackdog93
hunter

Re: new guy guy to college

Postby whistlingwings7 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:30 am

Hey blackdog93. Great to hear another Oregon waterfowler coming to Wyoming. Been goin to school in Laramie for a couple of years and yes we have ducks. Like all places you have to know what you're doing and where you're going but you can really get into some good birds. Send me a message and we can get info and hopefully hunt if you end up coming here.
whistlingwings7
hunter

Postby Rtyler4616 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 pm

You should have signed with Blue Mountain State..
"Call em in or Blow em Out"
-Jimbo
Rtyler4616
hunter

Postby GooseGuy88 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Hey I moved to Powell in january from Southern Oregon and I will Be here for a year before transferring up to MSU next fall. I saw you were from Oregon so I thought I would ask what you thought of the hunting out here. I didn't have a chance to go out when I first moved here but I have a feeling I will get plenty of days to hunt this fall. I am used to hunting the klamath refuge and mainly grain fields around the klamath falls area. I read that honkers use the sugar beet fields when it gets really cold, have you had any experience with that?
Thanks
Gooseguy88
GooseGuy88
hunter

Postby mikeyLikesIt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:51 pm

No comparision between hunting Laramie and Powell. Powell and the Bighorn Basin are better in my opinion for number of birds and access.
mikeyLikesIt
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting