Cheyenne WY. area

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

Cheyenne WY. area

Postby woodcock » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:43 am

I may be moving to Cheyenne in a couple of months and I was wondering if anyone could give me some info about waterfowl hunting there. I hunt in western MN. very seriously and can't imagine not being able to do it every year. Some things are just to good to pass up though. Is there many places to hunt? Birds? Anything?

Thanks in advance for any input....
woodcock
Newb

Postby harvey1b » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:40 pm

Woodcock,

I lived in Laramie for 3 yrs and hunted around Cheyenne quite a bit. There is plenty of bird hunting out there. The best bet is to get yourself a copy of the "Walk In Areas". They come out in August I think and get scooped up quick.

http://gf.state.wy.us/wildlife/access/p ... unting.asp

There is great pheasant and sharpie hunting just north of Cheyenne. Waterfowling on the North Platte is top notch.

Good luck.

-Matt
harvey1b
hunter

Re: Cheyenne WY. area

Postby Dhdoyle » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:52 pm

woodcock wrote:I may be moving to Cheyenne in a couple of months and I was wondering if anyone could give me some info about waterfowl hunting there. I hunt in western MN. very seriously and can't imagine not being able to do it every year. Some things are just to good to pass up though. Is there many places to hunt? Birds? Anything?

Thanks in advance for any input....

I don't know the situation immediately around Cheyenne, but from personal experience:

Very good goose hunting in Wheatland, a bit to the north.

Good duck hunting a bit farther north on practically any stretch of the North Platte river.

Step across the border into South Dakota or Nebraska for pheasant and other upland birds.
Dhdoyle
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting