New to Wyoming

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

New to Wyoming

Postby GooseGuy88 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Hey I moved out to Powell in january to go to school. I am from southern Oregon and I have hunted the Klamath National refuge my entire life. I am just curious if the goose hunting varies very much from Oregon, or if I should expect the same kinds tactics to be used out here. Also I read an article the other day about honkers using the Sugar beet fields when it gets really cold? any thoughts and responses would be greatly apprieciated,
Thanks,
Gooseguy88
-Let 'em work
GooseGuy88
Newb

Re: New to Wyoming

Postby loner » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:06 pm

i don't know how the huntin is in oregon but yes they do hit the sugar beet fields.
welcome to wy!
loner
hunter

Postby GooseGuy88 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Thanks I'm looking forward to trying that out. I am just used to hunting grain fields and occasionally a flooded field. I might try out some of the rivers around here. I thought I would start talking to the land owners in august to try to get access to some of the ground I think should have some potential
Gooseguy88
-let em work
GooseGuy88
Newb

Postby ducks 1980 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Hey I'm from Sheridan and heard the duck and goose hunting was better over by Powell and Lovell. I was thinking about going over in October. Is their any public land worth hunting? Do I need to bring my canoe or boat? I will be bringing my 11 year old for his first season of duck hunting.. Thanks
ducks 1980
Newb

Postby GooseGuy88 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm

yeah there is quite a bit of walk in access I would come and look around first we just wear waders when we hunt on the rivers best luck
-Gooseguy88
Let 'em work
GooseGuy88
Newb

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting