3 Items from Bucket List - Help! (Gold, Trout, And YSP)...

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

3 Items from Bucket List - Help! (Gold, Trout, And YSP)...

Postby CP » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Hey all!

I will be out in Boulder CO for a work meeting this week, and plan to drive up to Eastern Wyoming from the 6th to the 8th. I am looking to knock three items off of my bucket list. 1) First, pan even a tiny flake of dust gold, with my own pan, out of a stream. 2) see the welcome sign for Yellowstone National Park (pretty easy). And 3) catch a cutthroat trout on a flyrod. I have fished 30+ days throughout Colorado and have never pegged that one off the list!!! Very frustrating, as each trip, I was certain that I would have caught the FINAL major trout species. But, this is the year!

A couple of questions:

1) Anyone living from Yellowstone south to Laramie that wants to go fly fishing or gold panning this weekend? I will, of course, contribute to costs and keep you laughing the whole trip. (Search my old posts. I am a good time.)

2) Anyone guide? I am not looking for a hand holding full day guided effort (actually, I wanted to avoid that). But I would certainly pay someone for a few hours of their busy time to take me to the proper location, point me in the right direction, tell me a tip or two, and then leave me there to figure it out.

3) perhaps there are other ideas that I am not thinking of. Thoughts?

Thanks! I can return the favor some day by taking you duck hunting in SE Missouri this or some future year! I do 10-20 days annually.

Some old posts, to make you laugh or go "hmmm":

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=143139

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=156465

~CP
CP
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting