Anyone hunt Wyoming?

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

Anyone hunt Wyoming?

Postby take EM' close » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:35 am

Anybody here hunted or hunt Wyoming?? I hunt in and around the Bighorn Basin. We have quite a few geese that come down around here and quite a few ducks also!! Anyway...anyone have any storyies...or at least hunt here in Wyoming?? :thumbsup:
No other site like honkers floating into you're decoys!
take EM' close
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri May 13, 2005 2:13 pm

howdy!!

I'm down in Laramie. Last year was my first hunting season in WY. I did pretty well, but am hoping to get the waterfowl more finely tuned. It's tough with limited access and limited water. Sounds like it maybe be better up where you are.

-Matt
harvey1b
hunter

Postby take EM' close » Mon May 16, 2005 4:33 pm

Well I'm glad to see someone else from Wyoming!!! What area did you hunt up and around....just out side of Laramie there......well maybe during the seaons when you have time we might have to hook up for a hunt down around here or something....I could get us in some HOT spots!!! :yes:

Keep in touch!

Curt
take EM' close
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Tue May 17, 2005 8:40 am

Hey Curt,

I stayed mostly around Laramie last fall. I'm trying to get some access to the North Platte but people aren't too keen on letting you in without $$$$. If you know of some spots up around you that would be great. i don't mind driving for good hunting. I've got a dog and she'll hunt anything. Stay in touch and we'll get something together next fall.

-Matt
harvey1b
hunter

Postby take EM' close » Wed May 18, 2005 9:24 pm

Sounds like a plan man! That dog will be really nice for mostly all we hunt is HUGE lakes.....well the place that I would like to go is a giant lake. You're probably thinking....why are we hunting the roost....well these things dont leave. We shoot at one end and they go to the other end. :thumbsup: Then we do the same next weekend.....well anyway sounds like a plan. We will see what happens! :yes:
take EM' close
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Thu May 19, 2005 9:09 am

take EM' close wrote: We shoot at one end and they go to the other end.

That's great. This is just a thought and I don't know the area at all so it might not be possible, but we should set up some guys on each end of the lake and pinball 'em back and forth to each other.:yes:

Either way that sounds like a blast. I don't want you to give up your spot, but just to get an idea of where I'll be driving what town is that near? You're close to Montana, do you guys have any good wild pheasants up there?

As for the dog: last season was her first. She did great on pheasants, ducks, rabbits, and quail, but was still kind of young to take on a full sized goose. I got her on 1 goose hunt just so she could check it out and see what it was all about. I work with her all the time and I'm sure she will pick up the goose game real quick. She's a big british lab and shouldn't have any problem hauling back those honkers.

I'm looking forward to the hunt. Is it fall yet?
harvey1b
hunter

Postby take EM' close » Fri May 20, 2005 3:31 pm

The whole setup on one end and then another on the other end....we've done that and it kind of worked though my dad never setup. He was just sitting over there because they mostly light in the middle and then swim away from me. He would then stand up and spook them right over me. I got a tripple doing that the last time we were out there. But we can try!!

The town I live in is Greybull, Wyoming. You might not know where that is but it's in the Big Horn Basin right next to the Big Horn River. It isn't a whole hella far from Laramie, I've drove there many of times to see my sister a while back while she was in college. I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting here. Also since we live next to the river, if the hunting is slow on the lakes we hit the river and try for an occasional woodie and some mallards.

As for phesants, we have a great population down here, well for Wyoming I guess. We have MANY spots to hunt and lots of roosters. If you did come down and bring your dog, we should wait until a couple weeks into phesant season that way the geese are busted up and sitting on the HUGE lake and then that way their isn't many phesant hunters out so we could take after some phesants in the afternoon. It's better later in the season because in the early season the geese are dispersed on all the little ponds around but after about a week, they move to the lake I'm telling you about. I guess we will jsut have to wait and see though eh!!! :yes: :thumbsup:
take EM' close
hunter

duck hunting laramie

Postby kayaker224 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:45 pm

im a idaho boy moving out to laramie in the fall and is hoping theres some hunting that way i got two real good dogs and was seeing if you could tell me any spots to get started. dont know what i'll do with out getting some birds guess do some fly fishing

thanks, jordan
kayaker224
Newb

Postby wigeon man » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 am

i might be moving to the lander area in a few years we will have a river running through the property and i think greybull is north of lander so ill be shootin the honks you missed if i can get some nice habitat set up
I support PETA...People Eating Tastey Animals
wigeon man
hunter

wyoming ducks

Postby duckleach » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 pm

here is a picture of wyoming ducks.Image
duckleach
hunter

Postby wigeon man » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:22 pm

very nice
I support PETA...People Eating Tastey Animals
wigeon man
hunter

aa

Postby Flier » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:23 pm

.qqqqqqqqqqqqq
Not hard to hit, just easy to miss.

Tom
Flier
hunter

Postby Aug » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Yeah
Aug
hunter

Re: Anyone hunt Wyoming?

Postby hiker8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 am

I was there in last week of early season, best hunt I've had since I was a kid back in PA (I'm 62)
Haven't shot anything since I returned to Maryland, WYO did I leave Wyoming?
hiker8
Newb

Re: Anyone hunt Wyoming?

Postby loner » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:12 pm

if you're responding to a post from 2008 i'm glad you're gone----WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
loner
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting