Duck Hunting Forum banner

Does anyone hunt snows?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  BGipson 
#1 ·
I live up in Gillette and only been waterfowl hunting for four years. Nobody in my family bird hunts so I've been teaching myself along with the help of a few friends and we have talked about hunting snows but I've never seen one before. If it wasn't for tvi wouldn't know they existed. Does anyone on here hunt them?

#2 ·
I do but this is my first year living in Wyoming and I'm on the far west side of the state. If you have questions about hunting them in general I may be able to help

#4 ·
Never hurts having a look around. I lived just down the Platte in Northeast Colorado and a ton of snows migrated that stretch down from Nebraska so I don't see why some wouldn't come up through eastern Wyoming. Find an area with with corn fields within 1-3 miles of big water and you'll have your best shot at finding birds

#5 ·
The best place to hunt is around torrington. Last weekend there was thousands of the snow crap flying around. The snows don't stay long and a few public areas to hunt. Grey reef outfitters used to hunt then saw check their website. We have tried the last couple of years but it never seems to work out.

#8 ·
Anybody getting after em? I chased em in Idaho but season is closed now so I hope to get a chance to come east and chase em a little more before the doldrums of summer set in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.