New to Casper

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

New to Casper

Postby CharLiff5 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:33 pm

I am movie to Casper and I'm looking for some hunting buddies. I have a boat, alot of decoys and dog. I'm new to the area and have no idea where to hunt. Any help would be appreciated, I love hunting waterfowl and would like to meet some new people.
CharLiff5
Newb

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: New to Casper

Postby Wapitihunter » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Start by driving up river to the miracle mile and then follow it back down toward Casper and keep going till Torrington. There are some public river access along the way that allow waterfowl hunting. Learn to read maps and spend time on the game and fish website to learn the access points not all are open to waterfowl hunting. Good hunting around the mile ,grey reef. Welcome to Wyoming
Wapitihunter
hunter

Postby 1morefishwy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 pm

I have moved here over a decade ago, and went through the learning process as you are now. I found that good waterfowl hunting is possible on the right days, at the right spots. Not the huge numbers of geese I was used to, but there are more geese toward Wheatland and then east of there toward Torrington, Lingle etc. That makes for a very early morning if you leave from Casper.I used to do it. Knocking on doors may get you some permission too. I did have some permission years ago near Wheatland, but it is just too far for me. There are some good guides over there for pit/field hunting too.

I have had some really outstanding days for ducks on the public land on the river near Casper. Always on nasty days, and always late in the season. We can get a lot of widgeons, some pintails and tons of golden eye, along with mallards.
I have been hunting quite a bit this season, on the river near Lusby. I lease a blind over there . I have only been getting one or two ducks per trip. I thought the recent snow and cold would have brought more ducks;
I have seen a few more mallards, but really not any great numbers. I hope it gets better soon. There may be better numbers up toward Grey reef, I don't know, cause I'm sticking at my blind.

You can feel free to PM, me. I am no expert, by any means, but may be able to offer some suggestions.
1morefishwy
Newb

Postby CharLiff5 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. I will start doing some research.
CharLiff5
Newb

Postby WWWY » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:21 pm

welcome to Wyoming

make full use of bureau of reclamation and BLM as well as game and fish( don't expect much), national forest staff etc

now and then you'll hit the jackpot
WWWY
Newb

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting