South Ontario Hunters

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

South Ontario Hunters

Postby REM870SUPERMAG » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:20 pm

Does anyone know of a few good duck/goose hunting locations between the areas of toronto, hamilton,orangeville ?
REM870SUPERMAG
hunter

Hey Supermag

Postby atp » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:35 pm

Hi

We used to hunt the Bay of Quinty back in the 1960's--Some of the best hunting I have ever had.

The area has been so built-up with housing since,doubt it is still good.

Keep us posted on the hunting and your results--We all would like hear your results!

TOM

CA Mod
We are located in Vancouver,BC
Hunting done in Manitoba and BC
atp
hunter

Postby Puddle Jumper » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:17 am

I have hunted duck for acouple of years and found the best spot is just outside of where you want to go is Long Point on lake Erie, there is another place close to it I have only hunted it once and there is a notice board at the parking lot that has all the laws, and rules for hunting that marsh, I think it is called the Hun Marsh or Han Marsh something like that.
Anyway that might get you started, I have had good luck there,
jamie
Puddle Jumper
Newb

good place to hunt

Postby Walpole Island Hunter » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:19 pm

Hello there guyz, if your looking for the right place to have a good hunt , you all should come to where I'm from Walpole Isalnd , Ontario ,canada got some real good hunting over here . :thumbsup:
Walpole Island, Ontario, Canada is where the duck action is!
Walpole Island Hunter
hunter

Postby trdobson » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:14 pm

Long point is probably one of the best spots for late season birds especially divers actually it is pretty good all season. Walpole Island is also good, which is out East of you if you are looking for a spot norht of Toronto How far north do you want to go and where abouts are you coming from ? I live about an hour and a half from Toronto and have never had trouble finding birds.Georgian Bay, Lake Simcoe , Lake Scugog Sturgeon Lake , Balsam Lake,Lake Couchichng,Hullet Marsh, Tiny Marsh. Also there is some of the best Canada goose hunting around less than a hour north of Toronto. People always think you need to go to northern more remote towns to find birds I have had many of the best years of goose hunting just north of the city,the birds stay there year round and come in by the hundreds lots of giant Canadas. Contact me if you are close to the city
happy hunting T R D
trdobson
hunter

Postby Wingshooter » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:32 am

SCOUT, SCOUT SCOUT!!!!!!!
Happiness is a Warm Gun, Wet Dog........
Wingshooter
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting