Last nights hunt.

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Last nights hunt.

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:46 pm

Got to one of my spots with an hour of shooting time left. Nothing stirring until 15 mins to no shooting then they come 30 in one bunch and 15 in an other. They circle high and out of range, as they head away I get on the call and throw a large rock out into my decoys they turn and repeat. This happens 3 times then they set their wings. Comming, comming then turn and over the trees just out of range and splash down in an other spot. I leave jessie tied where I was and run up the trail to where they landed and up they jump, off goes the safety and I pull the first barrel only to hear click :thumbsdown: I get right back on target and pull the second barrel and a big black hits the water. quickly I extract the empty and the dud and rechamber two new shells just as 3 more birds lift off of the swamp two flare and are out of range but the 3rd is still in my reach and I dump him. I run back to get Jessie and just as I step thru the brush the group of 15 land right in my deks so I jump them up and hammer 1 and swing on another just to pull on an already fired shell. Then I release Jess and let her do the retrieving while I bring in the deks. Three big black ducks and three shots fired. Life is good! :thumbsup: Some where in the distance a coyote howls and then an owl hoots just to end a perfect hunt with class. I thank the lord for making me a hunter so I have the opportunity to enjoy his great creations.
Last edited by Greg Wile on Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:18 pm

When it all comes together like that, it just makes every preparation and penny worth it! :thumbsup: congrats.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:36 pm

:salude: Thats whatcha call Intense lol
Oldducknut
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting