A Breath of Fresh Air!

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

A Breath of Fresh Air!

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Well today I was pleased to have made a new friend. The young fellow is in his second year of living here and just began duck hunting. As is so often the case with new inexperienced hunters he turned to the internet and a public forum to ask about places to hunt. Well he got some of the usual stuff like yah right I'm going to tell you where I hunt! And you know the rest he is feeling like other hunters don't remember when they started and had to find spots or other hunters that relocated due to work etc... So I offered to go over some maps as a starter then after I met him and found that he is polite and not a know it all and just needed a bit of coaching I took him to a spot and he was shocked to find I put him on a marsh with a couple hundred geese plus ducks just swimming around at noon time. All I asked of him was that he respected the land and marsh, the land owners, and others using it. I was on my way out and found an old decoy laying in the brush, no name on it so I picked it up and as we approached his vehicle I handed it to him and said there you now have a start on you setup. When we got back to my place he asked if I would like to go with him on a hunt Monday morning so I just might. I'd like to see him get a few birds.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Re: A Breath of Fresh Air!

Postby pmahler » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:50 pm

As it should be...congrats on being a teacher & a friend to a waterfowler. Sadly too many times on this website folks jump down other peoples throats w/out thinking/remembering where they started.
pmahler
hunter

Re: A Breath of Fresh Air!

Postby phil » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 pm

I wish everyone on this forum would read this. A true breath of fresh air! Thank you!
phil
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting