nov 9th ,,, she was a blowin ,,,

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

nov 9th ,,, she was a blowin ,,,

Postby bkejwanong1971 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:19 pm

was back out in mid bush marsh,,, she was a nasty one out ,,,wild west wind,,, seen lots of birds moving at times ,,,had plenty of shooting opportunities but the wind made it a sad sight,,,had one group of eight or so mallards work there way up to us ,,, took them a good while but they was intent on sittin so we let them lower there landing gear before we shot ,,, i shot my first still sitting nice greenhead then i got up and emptied remaining shots into a suzie which was almost outta range in the matter of time it took me to stand ,,,the wind carried her off in a heartbeat ,,, my buddy shot a suzie with is one shot brownin pump ,,,ha ha ha ,,,all an all we had a blast watching the ducks fighting the wind,,,and workin ... i even caught a few glimpses of high flying birds which reminded of me of the times when flight birds was around lol,,, ended up with a six pack ,,,five mallards a one humongous black
november is duck hunting is pickin up ,,, :thumbsup:
bkejwanong1971
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:49 pm

Hearin talk about the ducks reminded me aof today when a good 150+ geese went over the house.
real windy here today as well buckets of rain. Should be good in mornin :getdown:
Oldducknut
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:02 pm

Going to try and bust some ducks on a flooded field after work tomorrow. :getdown:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:23 am

Hmmmm.... bragging about shooting sitting suzies :thumbsdown: Dead hens do not lay eggs
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

have never shot any ducks sitting suzie or other wise ,,,

Postby bkejwanong1971 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:38 pm

i have been hunting for twenty two years guiding for sixteen ,,,an have never shot at any birds on the water ,,, i was reffering to me shooting in a sitting position ,,,,not shooting at a duck sitting on the pond
bkejwanong1971
hunter

Postby poacher » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:46 pm

Nice shooting Bkej...now you just need to shoot one laying down. :laughing: do ducks laydown? :laughing: i was set to go out in the wind the other day but the rollers in the river were a little big. So, i settled for a dove shoot in one of the recently downed fields. Lots of doves around right now. Lots of deer hanging in trees also!
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:29 pm

Dove Shoot- We have tons of morning Doves but are not able to shoot them.
Oldducknut
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting