London, Ontario Duck Hunting

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

London, Ontario Duck Hunting

Postby Pavel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 pm

I am looking at getting into hunting for ducks this year and am wondering where can I find info about pulic land that can be used for duck hunting. I have heard of long point and mitchells bay, but with a canoe, I am looking for smaller areas/marsh that is available within couple hours drive?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Pavel
hunter

Re: London, Ontario Duck Hunting

Postby Donald » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:12 am

Long point is mainly marsh and you can canoe to most of the goverment blinds in 20 minutes or less,some spots late in the season you hunt just 10 yards off the main road.
hope this helps ya out
Donald
hunter

Postby Pavel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanks Donald. I also found a place called Rondeau Provincial Park that looks like it is worth trying out. Anyone with any info on any of these places would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Pavel
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Check out Hullett Marsh.

http://www.hullettmarsh.org/
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby Feathercutter50 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Rondeau is about an hour from London off 3 hwy. There are several blinds you can rent daily and get to in a canoe, It's a 4 am draw each day for the blind and you want to keep off the bay and in one of the ponds rather than on the big bay.
Lynch Mob Team Canada Pro Staff
Feathercutter50
hunter

Postby keep_m_kupt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:55 pm

I hunted hullet lots this year. Birds would come and go really quick. one day see 1000's. Come back 2 days later and see hardley a thing. Its been very hit and miss the past few years.

kupt.
keep_m_kupt
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 am

I'm surprised to hear that about Hullett. Quite the opposite at the Luther where the place held Greenheads in big numbers all year. I wonder if the're just not putting as much in as they used to in habitat enhancement?
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby keep_m_kupt » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 pm

the marsh looked killer! At the start of the season I was seeing alot more pressure. The birds headed deeper into the marsh and also that stupid refugee they got. It was hold several 1000's of ducks and geese all year till ice up.

kupt.
keep_m_kupt
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting