Mitchell's Bay Ontario

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Mitchell's Bay Ontario

Postby Dave308 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I am planing a fishing and duck hunting trip to Mitchell's Bay Ontario the middle of October. We would like to shoot some puddle ducks during or stay. I am looking for recommendations on places to hunt, we have been there fishing so we have that covered. Are we going to have to hire a guide, or can we find a place on our own?
Dave308
hunter

Re: Mitchell's Bay Ontario

Postby 1diverdown » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:31 am

based on what ontario out doors magazine says I would either layout hunt or hire a guide. lots of clubs out there. I 've never hunted there and live 3 hours away, because i've always been told the clubs have it locked down.
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby waubamikrider » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 am

I read the same article. Seems the clubs do have it on lock down. But I've always been one to question authority and rule. If you have a good boat you can hunt out of I say give'r. Just stay away from the stacked private marshes. I'm from Hamilton area. Anyone wanna get together for a good go at Mitchells bay? Or can anyone give some insight to hunters that don't wanna pay a guide or deal with the typical bullsh!t when hunting in organized "blinds".
waubamikrider
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:03 am

want to go big time. I want to wait until late november/ early december. Bought a marsh rat from mallard marine a couple of years ago and I would 'nt mind setting up away from pressure for a chance at a bull canvasback
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:07 am

Also; I'm not sure if you noticed the article about darlington in the same issue. Open blinds on lake ontario from september 25. first com, first serve.
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:16 am

I hate to say it but I'm almost starting to enjoy hunting some of these public spots last couple of years. most guys that hunt em have no clue!! not sure if you would run into that on realfoot lake, tennesee; but around here guys typically don't know what their doing. I'm excited to go back to luther marsh this year near freeze-up
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby sherlockbonez » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 am

First week or two are good at luther as well. Just advoid opening day.
sherlockbonez
hunter

Postby Feathercutter50 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Best time to hunt Mitchells Bay is Novemeber when the divers come down if you can time it right there are millions of divers usually the first 2 weeks of Novemeber is the best , as long as we don't get an early freeze. You'll have to hunt from the lake in a Layout boat or blind boat as the shoreline is all private clubs or rented land. You can launch from either Belle River Ontario or Light House Cove Ontario. The boat launch is right across the Thames river from the famed, but expensive Bradley's Hunt club. You can be fairly successfull with a do it yourself hunt but remember blinds have to be 300 yards from shore. You'll need a fair number of decoys we set a 150 divers and 30 puddlers and do fairly well consistently.
Lynch Mob Team Canada Pro Staff
Feathercutter50
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 am

Very good advice. Come in handy if I ever make it out there.
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting