Newbie looking to go to Luther Marsh

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Newbie looking to go to Luther Marsh

Postby dbranco » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm hoping to do my first duck hunt this fall. I was thinking about going to Luther Marsh in October. Can anyone offer some tips for a newbie? I'd also like to hire a guide if possible. Any recommendations?

Thx.
dbranco
Newb

Re: Newbie looking to go to Luther Marsh

Postby rmckeow » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi dbranco
I saw your post, I am new to duck hunting as well. If you are interested we can head out to Luther together, or split a guide. Let me know.
rmckeow
Newb

Postby dbranco » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:06 pm

That would be great, I'm definitely looking for people to hunt with. You can email me directly at dan@gatedshores.com.

How long have you been hunting?
dbranco
Newb

Postby ILFC » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi guys, I am also looking to get into hunting in Southern Ontario. I have been hunting for about 15 years, but I moved from Thunder Bay about 10 years ago, and haven't done much down here. If you are interested in getting together I would be into sharing a guide or just exploring together.

John
ILFC
Newb

Postby vtx1800lover » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Guys

Achie here a newbe to this form ,

If you guys get this info before the fall send me an e-mail and lets all get together this summer for a scouting of some hunting spots.

My father and I have hunted the great Luther since the early 60's when I was a young buck, We have not been to Luther in a decade but do know what it is all about with the deadheads and rocks so you must go preepared and always and I mean always be on the lookout for crap in or jsut below the surface this is not a lake you can go full bore or you will run into trouble.
Luther is flooded farmland from way back in the 50's used to help bring back the duck and goose populations that were in trouble back then.

So when heading out for the first time please be carfull and always wear your lifejacket I know this firsthand.

Just my 2 cents Windmill island is our most productive spot when we hunted back in the day.

vtx1800lover@hotmail.com

Cheers,Archie
vtx1800lover
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting