Manitoba

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Manitoba

Postby JohnChops » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 am

Anyone been hunting Manitoba? How are things there now? Will be shooting west of Winnipeg from October 4th to the 8th. Thanks for any reports.
You better shoulder that gun boy, better shoulder that gun.
JohnChops
hunter

Re: Manitoba

Postby neapew » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:34 pm

How far west are you going.I hunt 4 hours north west of Winnipeg and there is alot of ducks here.
neapew
hunter

Postby MB_Waterfowler » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:37 am

We have had quite abit of rain the last week and it has created some very wet fields. Good for the duck, bad to get all your gear into the fields. The past few weeks i've been hunting a partly flooded standing corn field, there is a pretty good pocket of water that is holding inside the corn. The ducks use it sometimes, but when there is wet barley and wheat fields around they want to hit those alittle better than the corn right now. Gotta wait for the cold weather and some snow, then they will be into the corn. There are lots of mallards and teal, both blue and green wing, also have seen acouple pintails and widgeon. As always there are tons of big canada geese and some small grops of snows flying around. Where abouts are you gonna be hunting west of Winnipeg?
"if it flys it dies, if its brown its down!"
MB_Waterfowler
Newb

Postby LeeMB » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Lots of birds in south interlake. Duck hunting has been great. I was at Oak Hammock yesterday and they said there was 60,000+
Canada's there. Just starting to see a few snows around my area.
LeeMB
Newb

Postby Dan_T » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:42 pm

We'll be up in the Minnedosa area at the end of the week for some shooting. Looks like things should dry out a bit and hopefully we can get some wind!!
Dan_T
Newb

Postby drakedeuce » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Heading up to Minnedosa/Newdale/Sandy Lake area - will arrive Oct. 8th and head home on the 16th. Any updates for these areas would be greatly appreciated if available. Looking to hunt more for ducks than geese. But, we'll take the geese too. Can't wait to get up there as my trip last year had to be cancelled at the last minute due to a family member having a near fatal car accident.
drakedeuce
Newb

Postby jo mcrow » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Hunted Sept 20 -25 Lake Winnipegosis
5 Day's of Redheads & Canvasback.
Love Manitoba
The Snow's had just started arriving that week.
Jo Mcrow
jo mcrow
hunter

Postby drakedeuce » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:02 am

Does anyone have anything to report around Minnedosa, Shoal Lake and the Newdale area? Heading up this Friday, Oct 8th.
drakedeuce
Newb

Postby pheasants » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Im heading up to Dauphin here on sat and my buddy says that with all this warm sunny weather the birds are still way UP north!!
pheasants
hunter

Postby neapew » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 am

I hunt an hour north of Dauphin. It depends what ducks your hunting the redheads are here,and the mallards are slowly coming in .The weather been great here,but we been limiting out every morning and when we hunt in the evening we also been limiting out and,there is 4 of us.I found there is alot of pintails this year then any other years.We were out yesterday morning we got are limit plus 4 geese.I would send pic, need to find out how first.
neapew
hunter

Postby LeeMB » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:19 am

I hunt in the south interlake area. Most ducks we have seen in years.Teal, Mallards, Widgeon, Pintails, and Ringbills.
LeeMB
Newb

Postby manitobawoj » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 pm

drakedeuce wrote:Heading up to Minnedosa/Newdale/Sandy Lake area - will arrive Oct. 8th and head home on the 16th. Any updates for these areas would be greatly appreciated if available. Looking to hunt more for ducks than geese. But, we'll take the geese too. Can't wait to get up there as my trip last year had to be cancelled at the last minute due to a family member having a near fatal car accident.

The big numbers are on your eastern map. If you want more info please pm!
www.manitobasnows.com
Last edited by manitobawoj on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 am

Just got home from Manitoba, couldn't believe I was swatting mosquitos for this time of year up there. Had a good time but tough hunting.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby deaner » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Just got back from 2 weeks in the interlakes area. WOW ducks!!! Limits abound. We pretty much lived in th boat and didnt go after many geese like we normally do. Shoal lakes was where it was at. Flooding everywhere! Launched the boat from the road lol. Seemed like the geese numbers were down. Confirmed that with a check at Oak Hammock. As of the 8th the goose count was at like 60k or something. Way down from 150+k of last year.

And a thank you to the pricks skybusting with a guide just south of Stonewall 4-5 days ago. Enjoyed having you @****** a quarter section over from us. We get birds decoying after they skipped over you guys and you let rounds loose to scare em off? REALLY!? You guys must of had a workout chasing cripples a quarter mile away.....its a wonder why you couldnt get birds to decoy.....idiots.....
Butt, Breast, Beak, BANG!
deaner
hunter

Postby drakedeuce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:06 pm

My group hunted the Sandy Lake/Newdale/Minnedosa area from Friday Oct 8 thru Friday Oct 15. Very little duck activity at all for this entire area but we were fortunate to find a good number of fields to hunt dark geese that saved our trip. I would have never imagined going to this area and finding so few ducks but we made the best of it. As always, the Canadian farmers and the beautiful land make the trip very special each year.
drakedeuce
Newb

Return to Canada Duck Hunting