Recommend an outfitter

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Recommend an outfitter

Postby luke835 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:35 am

Hey all, My Dad and I are planning a father son trip for next season. We've been discussing the idea of heading to Canada for a goose/duck hunt. I live in South Dakota so we are thinking either Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Has any buddy had a good hunt up there and could recommend an outfitter?
luke835
hunter

Re: Recommend an outfitter

Postby Bluesky » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Luke,
I sent you an email about a waterfowl hunt in Alberta.
Bluesky
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:48 pm

You'll get more bang for your buck in Manitoba, plus it is a lot closer to SD.
www.manitobasnows.com
Last edited by manitobawoj on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby jimmyduck » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:45 pm

I am an outfitter in Manitoba and would love to show you around our province. I can furnish references upon request. The dog i retired last had 1723 water retrieves! We hunt where the ducks are and we havae a huge network of scouts, farmers, friends, relatives and other acquaintances that alwaya have an eye out for waterfowl. It's simple, If the ducks aren't there, we move to where they are. The group I personally guided from Texas last year shot 80 ducks and 3 geese in 5 days of hunting. The ducks weren't where they usually are so we had to move to another spot and that spot had less geese. Our fields produced very well and the birds hung around late (snows too) with the mild weather. We have TONS of water and farmland in Manitoba that is virtually unhunted. I am new on this site so as soon as I can figure out how to upload some pics, I will.
jimmyduck
hunter

Postby Flyer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey jimmyduck,

Im out in the peg twice a month for work and was looking to book a couple of hunts this fall,sask is great and all but too many plane stops for my dog.

Send me any info and pics if you could,

thks !
Flyer
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 pm

jimmyduck wrote:I am an outfitter in Manitoba and would love to show you around our province. I can furnish references upon request. The dog i retired last had 1723 water retrieves! We hunt where the ducks are and we havae a huge network of scouts, farmers, friends, relatives and other acquaintances that alwaya have an eye out for waterfowl. It's simple, If the ducks aren't there, we move to where they are. The group I personally guided from Texas last year shot 80 ducks and 3 geese in 5 days of hunting. The ducks weren't where they usually are so we had to move to another spot and that spot had less geese. Our fields produced very well and the birds hung around late (snows too) with the mild weather. We have TONS of water and farmland in Manitoba that is virtually unhunted. I am new on this site so as soon as I can figure out how to upload some pics, I will.

Only 3 geese?
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby Donald » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 am

If he only shot 80 ducks and 3 geese in 5 days i would not waste my time hunting with this outfitter, I freelanced sask and in 6 days we shot over 250 ducks and 50 honkers and 4 snows, we figured out the time we acually spend in the field and it was less then 25 hours, you could shoot more birds then that jumping ponds in manitoba in 5 days.
Donald
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:52 am

There is more to a guided hunt then just kill totals. Besides; Not a very nice thing to do to a guy trying to make a living .
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby Donald » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 am

I know that but when your paying good money to go on a hunt it kinda comes down to birds, its kinda hard not to have fun anywhere out west just watching the migration and i honestly dont care about numbers one bit, but when someone is looking for a good guide hes looking for someone to put him on birds i would think, You never hear anyone say we had a terrible time, our guide put us on to many birds, but I have heard we had the worst time, our guide didnt know anything we didnt shoot many birds it sucked, I know people are trying to make a living but the truth hurts sometimes, not everyones cut out to play in the NHL or NFL and some guys arent made out to guide hunters. Just my 2 cents
Donald
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:49 am

I'm picking up what your putting down. I have heard a couple of good ones. had a buddy that went out to Saskatewan and sat down for supper with his hosts. when he asked about where they would be hunting the host said they were waiting for word from a buddy, and when that someone arrived, it became obvious that scouting wasn't on the agenda! Needless to say the trip didn't work out how he had hoped.
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby neapew » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:34 am

Hey luke835

Have you found a place to hunt yet.
neapew
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Sounds like an interesting way to go price is right and the location is good just north of where I hunt in Sask.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby 7mallards » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Rem

It is a great place to go as you stated and the price is real good actually for what you get. Like I said we are looking for up to two guys that want to hunt. If anyone is interested in joining us please PM Me asap so we can get you pictures and more information.

Thanks

7mallards
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby 7mallards » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 pm

Were still looking for two guys who want to hunt ducks and geese in October in Saskatoon. Great dates the 15th thru the 19th.

Let me know if you want to join us last year 154 mallards and 72 honkers in 7 hunts....

PM me if you are interested and want to go.

Thanks
7mallards

Postby 7mallards » Wed May 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Anyone still looking for a hunt in Canada in mid October? PM me if you are please. Our group is looking for one more guy to join us on our annual trip...
7mallards

Postby REM1100 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 am

I think you should include what state you are coming from and the type of guys in your group
ie age and hunting experience and the final destination which is in East Central Saskatchewan A'rville not Saskatoon and the hunting is great because that area gets the birds 0ne week before I get a chance to swat them. This year the harvest might be two weeks late as the farmers have not been able to get into the fields for planting and there may be fewer cereal crops because canola is going to be more popular, so mid october might be good right after the full moon starting oct 14. I'll be in the area first week of Oct with my son. Out of curiosity can the Outfitter pair you up with experienced strangers or do you have to have two more guys for a special cost sharing.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby 7mallards » Thu May 05, 2011 11:59 am

We are still looking for someone to join our group in October..

The ages of our group is between 45-50 and many have hunted in Canada for three years now and most of us have 25 plus years experience in hunting ducks and geese. Our group is coming from CA and we will all hunt together as one group. It is an amazing time as Rem stated in his earlier post and the birds are everywhere that time of year.

If you want to join our group please PM me and I can send pics and more information. I assure you the only reason we have an opening is that one guy lost his job and can't afford a trip this year....All hunts food license and stamps plus bird cleaning isincluded in the outfitters price....

Hope to hear from you soon

7mallards

Postby 7mallards » Tue May 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Were still looking for two guys who want to hunt ducks and geese in October in Saskatoon. Great dates the 15th thru the 19th.

Let me know if you want to join us last year 154 mallards and 72 honkers in 7 hunts....

PM me if you are interested and want to go.

Thanks
7mallards
hunter

Private message
7mallards

Postby 7mallards » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:43 am

We are still looking for someone to join our group in October..

The ages of our group is between 45-50 and many have hunted in Canada for three years now and most of us have 25 plus years experience in hunting ducks and geese. Our group is coming from CA and we will all hunt together as one group. It is an amazing time as Rem stated in his earlier post and the birds are everywhere that time of year.

If you want to join our group please PM me and I can send pics and more information. I assure you the only reason we have an opening is that one guy lost his job and can't afford a trip this year....All hunts food license and stamps plus bird cleaning isincluded in the outfitters price....

Hope to hear from you soon

7mallards

Return to Canada Duck Hunting