It's almost over!

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

It's almost over!

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:38 pm

This season ends here in NS tomorrow and then I will start tieing trout and bass flies to pass the time between seasons with a rabbit and coyote hunt thrown in for good measure as I did not bother with my trapping this year due to my wifes and my own health problems. Any way was out this afternoon and clobbered 2 mallards and looks like we will get some more tomorrow if things work out. Good luck to the rest of you.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:59 am

Went back out this morning, had lots of birds flying but only 2 that comitted and one of them decided to come home with me for diner :laughing: It turned cold last night and the temp was -6 C, as I was tieing my dog up after her retrieve my gun fell in the water we were standing in and on retrieval it froze solid, I had to walk back out to the truck and thaw it out. After I got back to where we were hunting the birds had all moved on :eek: so I ended the season with 1 black duck :cool: I can hardly wait for Oct. 1, 2006 to get here so I can do it all again :thumbsup:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:11 pm

Oh to have 3 month season.... we get 2 months if lucky, and the weather shortened our season 5 weeks ago.... Greg, did you buy the 12 pack for your buddy then for the gun drop? That is what we used to do on construction sites, if you dropped a trowel or hammer-you bought the 12 pack, so guns maybe should be worth a case then, eh? :yes:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:37 pm

Naw, I went to court for him as a witness all during his divorce and burned up alot of my vacation time so no 12 pack is headed his way besides we used my boat, truck, and guns, and I'm keeping his dog for him. :salude:

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:48 pm

Greg best of the New Year to you. Great that you got out for the last day even with the troubles a day in the field is always good. I have attached some Alberta fall pictures to get you through to next season.
ImageImageImage
2 tollers
hunter

Postby Young Canadian Gun » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:15 pm

Theres still ducks over there :eek: Here on PEI they were all gone a month ago and the only geese i saw in a month was on christmas day.
How do you hunt the rabbits?
Young Canadian Gun
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:31 am

YCG, I still hunt (walk slowly and stop often looking for an eye or an ear to show ) for rabbits now as my hound is too old to run them, and yeah we have ducks and geese that stay all year.

2tollers, where in AB are you as in the next couple of years I may get out that way, my oldest girl lives in Calgary and I have a sister in Edmonton.

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:19 pm

Greg, I report to my "Ms's" in Edmonton. Calgary is a 3 hour drive and the pictures I posted to get you through the winter are from central Alberta.
2 tollers
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting