Southern Ontario

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Southern Ontario

Postby Ryan Tucker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Anybody willing to pm me about Freelance possibilities in Southern Ontario, maybe Northeast Ontario? Puddle ducks or Divers? Mid-October? Would have a 16 foot Mod V with 25 on it? Also, capable of field hunting, but prefer water large or small.

I have searched this forum and google...only finding info on Manitoba and Alberta.
Ryan Tucker
hunter

Re: Southern Ontario

Postby GoldenEagle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Exactley what is it your looking for ? A place to hunt a decent location lodgeing ect .
Depending what it is i might be able to point yu in the right direction .
GE
GoldenEagle
hunter

Postby Ryan Tucker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks for your willingness. After finding so little info about Freelancing Ontario I just moved onto the Manitoba. We'll be hunting their next season. Would love to shoot divers in Ontario at some point in life though...
Ryan Tucker
hunter

Postby GoldenEagle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm

There's a few good locations here in southern ontario for divers , Rondeau bay is alot of fun to shoot out of , some blinds are excellent for divers but most will net you more puddlers than anything or you can go out of the other side of the bay and hunt open water like we do in our own layouts keep in mind you have to be inside 300 yrds from shore to be legal and a permit is required from the duck shack on the park side of the bay.
Long point is another place that can at times net you plenty of divers if you have a rig can can handle the rougher waters of the outer stake locations if not inner stake locations will give you crack at puddlers without any problems.
Smaller marsh's like Hullet conservation area north on Clinton ontario can be real good spot for puddlers and geese Ruddys, blue and green wing teal mallards , woodies , widgeons , pintails , blacks all call Hullet home through out the season if you know what stakes produce youll have fun there.
Mitchells Bay on Lake simcoe will test your hunting ability with a decent amount of public area to hunt , If you want to try it out first i suggest giveing Duane at www.batterygudeservice.com a call this guy will put you on birds in layouts , boatblinds or fixed postion blinds shooting Canvas backs , Redheads , bluebills , and several others species will keep you plenty happy.
As far as lodgeing goes pick a motel mos of them in the hunting area's allow dogs as its all part of the hunting fraternity they are catering to .
Let me know if there is anything else i might have missed and if your into hooking up when you get around to hunting an of these area's let me know .
GE
GoldenEagle
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting