the leaders "debate"

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Are you going to vote in the Jan 23rd election?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Only if the roads are good...
No votes

Total votes : 6

the leaders "debate"

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:10 pm

Anybody watch it? Seemed to be lots of mud slingin' last night. I'm expecting to see a flood of blue across the country come election night ( well maybe except for all you "red" provinces way out east :yes: ...just kiddin!) If you are going to vote, have you decided on who your going to vote for? Just a yes or no will do!

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:15 pm

I'd have to be in a caskett not to get to the polls on the 23rd!!

Kris

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Canadian Quacker » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:06 pm

Yeah Im definitely going to vote.
I haven't really decided who Im going to vote for yet!
I gotta do a little more research!

CQ
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:10 pm

I have watched both debates and continue to be amazed by Paul Martin. This guy is slipperier than a jack fish on a hot summer day. The lastest statement to remove the ability of Parlament to use the not with standing clause and leave all issues up to the Supreme Court (who were all appointed by Liberal prime ministers) - cute. Also less than 1 1/2 yrs ago in said he would use the clause if the courts ruled against churchs for same sex marriage. Can't have it both ways Paul.
What gun registry, HRD Funds - not involved, Helicopters - Duh the other guy, Gomery - I must have been out, Challanger jets - I will get back to you, Owning a shipping company and not paying taxes - that's not me that's my brothers, no money last year for tax cuts - opps I meant until this years election, Parents looking after their own kids - beer / popcorn - the state knows best.
Good luck to us all if the Fiberals get back in - we will need it.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:21 pm

This seems the appropriate place to post this as I have just recieved it myself.

The Liberals versus Firearms Owners

My name is Len Grinnell and I reside in British Columbia. I have been a shooting competitor since age 14, initially taught and coached by World War II veterans. Throughout a 39 year career in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, I continued to compete both Nationally and Internationally. I belong to two Rod and Gun Clubs, as well as being a member of Canada's National Rifle Association and a Provincial Rifle Association, of which I am a Life Member. My years of policing showed me that offences with firearms are rarely, if ever, committed by dedicated, law-abiding gun owners, however recent developments in the upcoming election have given me cause to write to those with an interest in shooting sports and gun owners in general.

Recently, our Prime Minister announced his party's desire to ban handguns, undoubtedly to appease those naive voters who would believe that doing so would end the gun violence in the streets of our major cities. It is unfathomable to associate law-abiding handgun owners and their registered firearms to those senseless criminal acts. This violence has to be laid at the feet of those responsible; the punks who use stolen or smuggled handguns to fuel gang egos and strengthen their position in ongoing drug wars, as well as a justice system that fails to recognize what just about every other citizen of this country does; that minimal sentences for gun crimes does not work! What will the Liberal Party do next to stay in power? They have been in power for 12 years and these problems did not develop overnight. Now, on the eve of an election, they make promises intended only to keep them in power by offering impossible solutions and diverting blame wherever possible.

We have heard more than one member of the Liberal Party state that, "Guns should only be in the hands of the military and the police". We have listened to the continued hysterics from the government funded Coalition for Gun Control. We have seen and endured the Firearms Registry and those who have complied with the law are faced with a proposal to ban their handguns. We have Alan Rock appointed as Canada's Ambassador to the United Nations, who touts the Firearms Registry as the instrument to end gun violence in the world. In the eyes of the Liberals, all firearms are suspect and our ownership of all firearms, not just handguns, is in jeopardy.

My question to the shooting enthusiasts, gun owners, and hunters of this country is; "How can the Liberal Party be trusted?". There are no property rights in our Constitution, and because of this, lawfully owned and safely stored firearms can be confiscated at government whim, and without compensation! No firearms owner is safe from what has to be an immoral act, even if that affront can be made to appear just or in the interest of "public safety".

In the upcoming Federal Election, I will be voting for my Conservative Representative, whose party has promised to end the financial farce that is the Firearms Registry and bring proper sentencing for those criminals committing firearms offences. I see no other choice, as the N.D.P. and even the Bloc Quebecois have sided with the Liberals as far as "gun control" goes. I urge you, the law-abiding gun owner and sportsman, to consider what has happened, what has been proposed, and cast your vote accordingly.

I am sending this email to my friends and associates, shooter and non-shooter alike, with the hope that they will take the time to read this and forward it to their friends for consideration. I believe that together we can make a difference and bring common sense and justice back into our system of government.

Respectfully,

Len Grinnell
Oldducknut
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:41 pm

Good message oldducknut

Did you catch Paul Martin in the debate saying that there are 500,000 hand guns in collections in Canada that are 1 break in away from being used in a crime and that was the reason for the need for a total ban on these handguns.

Not sure where his head is.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:25 pm

Excellent posts guys!! I heard on the radio today how Paul Martin and the liberals refuse to put property rights in the charter because they would esentially not be allowed to continue with the handgun ban if this were in fact in our charter of rights and freedoms. The scary thing about this to me is they would start with handguns, but who knows where they would stop. They could knock on your door one day and basically be able to legally confiscate anything they wanted without any reason or financial compensation. Very scary. On a lighter note, a friend at work was outlining what he heard about Jack Layton's idea of gun control. What a moron!! He would like to see "central storage facilities" built across Canada where ALL firearms would have to be stored and taken out of these facilities as they were needed. So smart Jack!! So for the cattle farmer who has predators killing his livestock or us hunters that leave very early in the morning for the field we would have to go to these facilities to get our own guns out of storage. Just thinking of the cost that this would have to be implemented makes me cringe. I start to wonder more and more everyday if the majority of these folks have a brain in their heads or if it's a requirement to talk out your ass in order to be in politics.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:11 pm

If the Liberals get back in you know where the gun ban is going. Paul Martin made his press release standing behind a table with firearms that he said were causing the problem and referenced the need for a total handgun ban ---- problem - the majority of the guns on the table were sawed off pump & double shot guns, sawed off 22's and throw in a mixture of what looked like replica miltary rifles.

Not a big jump from hand guns to the sawed off shot gun being the next new problem that a total ban would fix.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby justchessys » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:06 pm

Vote yes I already have, did it on Jan. 13 it's a no brainer for me, No i'm not a fiberal , yes I live in Ontario and fed up with the BS from the party in power now. They will not stop with hand guns, long guns will follow [IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE ] PC. :thumbsup:
justchessys
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:14 pm

I agree chessys, it's definately a time for a change. It's so confusing to me how people can still vote liberal with all the scandals and theft that have come to light in the last couple of years and say they are voting for the "devil"(our PM) they know rather than take a chance on change in this country. The lib's have done some major damage to our country with their policies and funding cuts and not to mention our country's image on the international level has been turned into a joke because of Chretien and Martin. I'm very much interested in seeing the results on the 23rd.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:16 am

I am partial to the Blue team none of that commy red for this Blue Noser!
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting