Border Patrol

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Border Patrol

Postby drake37 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Hey Guys,

Looking for a little help.. Trying to plan a hunting trip in October...

Only thing I am worried about is five or six years ago I was arrested for a DUI which was expunged through a "deal" My driving record is clear, however I had a friend do a back ground check on me (he's kinda got some connections in the higher up of law enforcement) and he said it came up that I was arrested for DUI and it was expunged... are they going to send me packing? It's 4,000 round trip, going to hunt with my uncle and a few of my friends... hate to get left behind while my friends get to go on a hunt of a lifetime with my uncle... HELP!
drake37
hunter

Re: Border Patrol

Postby drake37 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:56 pm

also... it is under "deferred judgement" not a conviction
drake37
hunter

Postby bbb_wingshooter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 am

same thing happened to us last year my dad had a domestic assault on his record that was dropped not deffered DROPPED.... we were stuck at the border for 2 days until he got it cleared up. He had to get a letter e-mailed to the border patrol office saying that it was dropped. best bet is to call them and ask them what they want so you will have it cleared up before you get there. oh yeah tell them everything cause they will already know and claim everything too. also know exactly how much of what your claiming it will make it easier. when and what part are yall goin to we're gonna be up there oct. 15-22 around long lake
bbb_wingshooter
hunter

Postby lbhatty » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Canadian Immigration officers don't play arround. A DUI is a big deal and you will get turned around. But, a pardoned or expunged charge is not supposed to disqualify you for entry according to information on the Canadian Customs and Immigration websites.However you will not convince a Canadian officer anything . If he or she says you are not going to enter you will not.Contact Immigration well in advance of your trip and provide a copy of your expungement. Don't spend your money until they tell you that your expungement is acceptable to Canada.
lbhatty
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting