Conditions in Saskatchewan?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Conditions in Saskatchewan?

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:05 am

I've ben going on an goose/duck hunt just north of Quill Lake for five years in a row. Same plan same location, wondering how the fields are? My understanding of last season was, the spring was so wet that 80% of the fields couldn't be planter. So many fields were fallow where we hunt. I put more miles in scouting that week than driving from N. Illinois. Anyway, thought I'd throw up a post here to do a little checking. We are heading up around the 20th of sept staying almost two weeks.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Re: Conditions in Saskatchewan?

Postby REM1100 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:05 am

I would change your arrival time to come towards the end of September as the crop picture would unfold and the peak migration would be more timely. I am going to be there about 35 miles SW arriving about Oct. 5 All I can do is ask the farmers when and what crops they planted. I think you can download the crop synopsis from a govt of Sask agriculture report
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Re: Conditions in Saskatchewan?

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:27 am

I got in with a group of old timers five years ago, that had been doing this trip for twenty years when I got in with them. Always the third full week in september. Sometimes we are the first group of hunters, sometimes the second.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting