Saskatchewan bird dressers?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Saskatchewan bird dressers?

Postby old Iowa guy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 am

Does anyone know of any duck and goose dressers in the Quill Lake, Humboldt, Melfort area? Someone that would do a nice job plucking and preparing birds to bring back. It used to be that every town up there had someone but seems like they are hard to find nowadays. I've heard the Hutterite colonies might do it but don't know for sure.
old Iowa guy
hunter

Re: Saskatchewan bird dressers?

Postby REM1100 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:43 pm

I always take my birds to Bott's Cleaning Services out of Wynyard.. they do a pro job in marking the birds legally ready for shipping and cleaning, prices are fair they used to work in my Dad's restaurant. The Hutterite colony in Clair might do it and I am sure someone in Humboldt will do it. It is always better to have a whole bird frozen to make the long trip home versus a styrofoam chest full of smelly days old breasted birds. However watch what you pull the trigger on as it could get costly try to shoot only quality birds.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Re: Saskatchewan bird dressers?

Postby h2ofwler » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 am

old Iowa guy wrote:Does anyone know of any duck and goose dressers in the Quill Lake, Humboldt, Melfort area? Someone that would do a nice job plucking and preparing birds to bring back. It used to be that every town up there had someone but seems like they are hard to find nowadays. I've heard the Hutterite colonies might do it but don't know for sure.

We used to bring our birds to the Hutterite's. They're like our Amish and they'll clean your birds how ever you want them. Prices are very reasonable.
h2ofwler
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting