Anyone willing to go ???

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Anyone willing to go ???

Postby plainsman » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:32 pm

Looks like it might be a go.... but give it time....details could change in a hurry.This is info that I got elsewhere, so don't blame me if it's wrong :laughing:
For the goose calling seminar…..the plan is to do it on a weekend in either June or July (we’ll have the date(s) and cost(s) confirmed for the Edm Show). It will be held at the Beaverhill Sporting Clay/Black Dog Lodge in Tofield and feature multi-time State Calling Champion and Heartland Calls Owner – Bryan Hanson.

There will be a choice of a one or two day program. The one day (likely on the Saturday) will feature topics including: call selection, general operation (incl proper hand/mouth position ect) and beginner to intermediate short reed techniques. Lunch will be included as well as around of Sporting Clays on our fully automated course. For those doing the 2 day.....they will stay overnight at the lodge, have a great dinner, talk shop (over a few “pops”) and have a chance to glean some more info/tips from Bryan in a more informal setting. The Sunday will involve advance calling techniques including specialty notes like the “Willis”, spit notes ect as well as lunch and a round of Sporting Clays.

Personally, I've got no intention of being there.The reason being is that about a year ago I called Bryan Hanson about ordering a call. Everything was good until he heard that I was from Canada. I got the "cold shoulder" from there on in.....like I was being a pain in the arse and he really didn't care.Other than that...it might be worthwhile attending if your in the area. If anyone goes, be sure to post up how it went.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:11 pm

I will most likely pass. Various hunt tests for the mutts start 1st weekend in June and go through every weekend until end of July.
2 tollers
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting