Alberta Ducks & Geese

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Alberta Ducks & Geese

Postby Aunt Bee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Just returned from East central area- Wainright- Oct 6- 8- Shot our limits each day of Canadas, Specks & Snows. Oct6 & 7 were best with wind & lt rain. Ducks , mainly Mallards & Sprig on almost every pond. Lots of Snows between Edmonton & Wainright.
Aunt Bee
hunter

Re: Alberta Ducks & Geese

Postby RoscoeT » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 am

Aunt Bee wrote:Just returned from East central area- Wainright- Oct 6- 8- Shot our limits each day of Canadas, Specks & Snows. Oct6 & 7 were best with wind & lt rain. Ducks , mainly Mallards & Sprig on almost every pond. Lots of Snows between Edmonton & Wainright.

That sounds like a good trip. We've been having trouble getting geese to pattern in the western half of the province. It's been a frustrating goose hunting season around Calgary. Now I've got to go chase whitetails and I would rather get a few goose shoots put away first. I should have headed east earlier in the season but I kept faith it would get better. It is getting better but deer season is upon us very soon.
RoscoeT
Newb

Re: Alberta Ducks & Geese

Postby Aunt Bee » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am

Our guide, and friend, Sean Mann, has a lot of local scouts that locate the fields that the birds were in the previous day. Scouting is essential! On Thurs we shot our limits of Canadas & specs in 45 min. We spent the pm hunting ducks on ponds. Now it's back home with the Barnegats & coastal Brant. Divers on the Chesapeake. Canada was great & the people friendly & well informed on the US politics. Us telly I guess. :beer:
Aunt Bee
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting