The Tim Horton's controversy...what a joke!!

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

The Tim Horton's controversy...what a joke!!

Postby mallardman77 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:48 pm

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Canada/ ... 9-sun.html

This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever read. What the hell is this world coming to??

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:19 am

It is funny how stuff like that brings out the worst in people!
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:02 pm

I have a real hard time understanding how people can act that way.
"I helped you so now you owe me!" Pretty sad - if I was the 10 year olds parent after the radio station and a lawyer was contacted- something hot would have to freeze over before the other parent seen a $.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:24 pm

In the news today - apparantly a teacher that says he threw the cup in the garbage is looking at hiring a lawyer to get in on the action. This just gets better all the time.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:40 pm

2 tollers wrote:In the news today - apparantly a teacher that says he threw the cup in the garbage is looking at hiring a lawyer to get in on the action. This just gets better all the time.

I heard this too and all I can think is why waste the money on a lawyer. I don't think there is a court on this planet that would rule in this persons favor unless they do a DNA test on the rim or fingerprint the cup!

Just another sign that most of society is on a fast track down the toilet.

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:40 pm

The lawyer is looking at case law as they have a witness and the lawyer wants a DNA test carried out on the cup. Interesting item he will have to over come is that the law in Quebec is that once you discard an item it is now public garbage that anyone can pick up.
Lets see - 2 maybe 3 lawyers, 1 teacher, 1 ten year old, 1 twelve year old - on a $29K car - after legal fees should be enough left for a dougnut and another coffee.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:03 pm

Greed is a heck of a motivator. :thumbsdown:
Oldducknut
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:49 pm

The guy tossed it in a public trash receptical so it is now public property and he has no legal claim to it.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting