Where to go?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Where to go?

Postby Mrblurr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:08 am

Me and a couple friends of mine are interested in coming up to Canada this year for Duck season for about a week...I'm not familiar with the places to hunt at all. I see a lot about Saskatoon which is about as far north as I'd like to travel (coming from Oklahoma). I'm not asking for specific spots, but merely areas where we might be able to hunt publicly or with someone else, or even pay to hunt somewhere.

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? Thanks!
Ducks...mmmmmmmmmmm
Mrblurr
hunter

Re: Where to go?

Postby landinggearDRC » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 am

you dont need to pay to hunt in canada.. plenty of birds! just make sure you stay away from the bigger cities(leased land). find you a small town motel and have plenty of gas money for scouting and you should be just fine!! also if you plan on pothole hunting ducks find areas on Google maps with a lot of wet spots..
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby neapew » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:14 am

Im form Manitoba,Canada theres alot of places to hunt here.
neapew
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:52 am

Lot up places like wildlife refuge, DU sitess and then google satellite and look for potholes little ponds go to a municipal office and buy a landownership map and the go to the Sask Tel office and get a phone book and find some small town motel and ask patrons at the bar or restaurant where's its happening, as these are usually farmers.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Erie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:04 pm

REM1100 wrote:Lot up places like wildlife refuge, DU sitess and then google satellite and look for potholes little ponds go to a municipal office and buy a landownership map and the go to the Sask Tel office and get a phone book and find some small town motel and ask patrons at the bar or restaurant where's its happening, as these are usually farmers.

Best advice here so far!!!
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting