Saskatchewan lisence

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Saskatchewan lisence

Postby quack-n-stack » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Got my lisence in the mail with a nice little note attached that says no dark goose decoys allowed with e collars? Thought that had changed? It clearly states at the bottom ecollars for snows only!!!!
quack-n-stack
hunter

Re: Saskatchewan lisence

Postby fishwater » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 am

just curious, did you get your canada license on-line or did you call a number? i'd like to get mine beforehand if possible to save some time.
fishwater
hunter

Postby Goldy777 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 pm

quack-n-stack wrote:Got my lisence in the mail with a nice little note attached that says no dark goose decoys allowed with e collars? Thought that had changed? It clearly states at the bottom ecollars for snows only!!!!

That was a mistake. Somebody messed up bad. You CAN use dark decoys with e-callers.
Goldy777
hunter

Postby Duck_Hunter12 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:32 pm

just curious, did you get your canada license on-line or did you call a number? i'd like to get mine beforehand if possible to save some time.

you can buy liscense on-line, then you have to get the pharmasave stamp or whatever its called, similiar to our federal duck stamp, don't foget that either they won't say anything until your on your way home with birds
Duck_Hunter12
hunter

Postby Duck_Hunter12 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:24 pm

quack-n-stack wrote:
Got my lisence in the mail with a nice little note attached that says no dark goose decoys allowed with e collars? Thought that had changed? It clearly states at the bottom ecollars for snows only!!!!
That was a mistake. Somebody messed up bad. You CAN use dark decoys with e-callers.

You better check that, I think that is right for Manitoba, not Saskatewan
Duck_Hunter12
hunter

Postby SnoGeez » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Duck_Hunter12 wrote:
quack-n-stack wrote:

You better check that, I think that is right for Manitoba, not Saskatewan

Myself and multiple others have talked to CO's across the province, it wasn't immediately stated, but by the end of the conversations all came to say that you can use any waterfowl decoy with an ecaller (snow goose vocalizations only!) and shoot any legal waterfowl from that spread. Unfortunately, Sask. didn't make it abundantly clear like Manitoba did. Sask. just omitted the rule about using only snow goose decoys with an ecaller from the regs, there isn't any statement in the pamphlet the specifically addresses the rule change. All the being said, I'll still be carrying the email conversation I had with a CO in my blind bag in case I encounter a CO who may have a different understanding.
SnoGeez
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting