shotgun shell hulls

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

shotgun shell hulls

Postby eifwen99 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 pm

I live in Newfoundland my whole life, and Eider duck hunting has always been a huge part of my heritage. i enjoy Eider duck hunting each. Within the past year I have purchased a new "Lee Load All II" shotgun shell reloader, but unfortunately in the province of Newfoundland I can't purchase any shotgun hulls for reloading. I can get the powder, primers, wads, and even the shot, but the hulls on the other hand I can't. I have contacted cabelas, whole sale sports, and I have even tried on-line stores in the US stores, but the US can't ship them due to customs regulations. My question is do anyone out there reload shells? If so where do you get new Hulls or even once fired hulls. Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Steve Wells
eifwen99
Newb

Re: shotgun shell hulls

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:49 am

I haven't reloaded in years....but you should be able to use the hulls you normally use, as long as the primer and propellant match up to that hull. I'm sure a good Winchester or Federal hull should cover all the bases..
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby eifwen99 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 pm

I know that I can reuse the shotgun shells that I purchase, and discharge. The issue is that when hunting near the salt water for Eider ducks about 50% of the shells fired go into the salt water, and when they are retrieved to use for reloading they get full of rust even if you clean them various times. Then when used they get stuck in the shotgun. I am Wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase them from a sporting goods store somewhere in Canada ?

Thanks

Steve Wells
eifwen99
Newb

Postby REM1100 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:03 am

Go to the local gun range and pick up the empties.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby BangBang » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Try http://www.budgetshootersupply.ca/

Henry can get just about anything you need for reloading
BangBang
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting