First Time going to Manitoba

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

First Time going to Manitoba

Postby shoot'em in the lips » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 am

Myself and 4 of my buddies are headed to Manitoba on oct 17th. We are freelancing the trip and have done tons of research on the region. Been planning this trip for 3 months now and have a good idea of what we are going to do for 2 weeks. But everyone here who hunts knows, plans don't always go the way you want them to when you finally get there. Looking for a plan B just in case. We are going to start our 2 week trip in the Netley Marsh area then move on to other areas. We are going to be ready for everything. Field hunts, water hunts, duck, goose and snows. I am looking for some info from people that have been in the area and what the conditions of the fields and what bird numbers are like. Not looking for anyones hunting spots, but like i said, this is our first time going to the area and looking to make this our annual trip. Any info on other hunters experiences (good and bad), conditions, bird numbers, and good areas to hunt would be appreciated.

Thanks
a slow day duck hunting is better then any day at work!
shoot'em in the lips
hunter

Re: First Time going to Manitoba

Postby duksndeer247 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 am

I was hoping you would get a better response. I leave on oct 4 for my first trip to manitoba. Good luck hopefully we have a good report for you when we get back.
duksndeer247
hunter

Re: First Time going to Manitoba

Postby thordy31 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Hey guys i live in Gimli, north of the netley marsh. The goose numbers are pretty good so far quite a few snows mixed in with the canada's. But netley always has the best numbers around so you will have a good time regardless.
thordy31
Newb

Return to Canada Duck Hunting