tip for air travelers

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

tip for air travelers

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:15 am

Something I learned the hard way on my hunting trip to Alberta this year: don't put your choke tubes in your carry on bag. I took them with me to Canada in my locked case with my shotgun, but messed up and left them in my carry on bag on the way home. Turns out that Customs views a choke tube as a "necesary functioning part" of the firearm. Don't bother arguing that a shotgun can infact be fired without it, they don't care.

Just my little lesson, put your tubes in with your checked luggage or you won't get on the plane with them.
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
3legged_lab
hunter

Re: tip for air travelers

Postby winchester1852 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:29 pm

this pissed me off alot when i wanted to order a choke tube to a po box in the states pick it up go back to canada. they cant ship them to po boxes.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting