Duck Hunting Forum banner

Foam lake

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  War Wagon 
#1 ·
Heading up there in 2 weeks for 2 weeks anybody tell me weather forcast have the birds moved down from the north

#5 ·
War Wagon said:
Did Foam Lake ever fill back up ? Long time since I was there and she was dri as a bone
It was an ocean 2 yearws ago and the rain fall has been good until lately
as far as weather use your google and look at forcast for the area you are hunting
snowing in faro ND right NOW
:clapping:
i love the 3rd week in canada cold and birds are on the move :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Got back from Foam Lake Sunday Oct 14. Lots of staging birds on Foam Lake(the Marsh). Shot snows two days fair success, shot ducks four days. Lots of ducks around. Some Canadas mostly lessors around. Ate ducks two nights. Visited with friends three nights. Been going there for a long time and lord willing will go back next year.

#11 ·
as long as it aint frozen the later you can go the better the hunting will be, Have became friends with many farmers over the years in the foam lake region and they always call after we get home and say you should be here now. Let me know how you make out, always curious how it is there later in october.

#12 ·
Didn't they drain foam lake this summer? The water levels were too high and were flooding the houses built on the banks. I saw some roads going through sloughs in the south that had round bales on either side trying to prevent erosion. Anyway because there was lots of water this summer the ducks did well, and with the low water level of foam lake, you should have a good hunt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.