info on diver hunting kwarthas and muskokas

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

info on diver hunting kwarthas and muskokas

Postby slopestacker » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 pm

just wonderin if their are many people who hunt up in the kwarthas or muskokas for divers and what they genarally shoot. i hunt lake st. clair over big water and large spreads where the water is basically any where from 1 ft to 6 ft deep. just wanna know how its done up in the north. thanks.
if the site of 50+ cans 20 yards from the decoys doesnt get you goin, somethings not right.
slopestacker
hunter

Re: info on diver hunting kwarthas and muskokas

Postby JRinger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

Just started diver hunting this year. Have been fairly successful in the kawarthas so far from my boat in the reeds. I only have a dozen bluebills and I repainted an old baby mojo as a bluebill. Sometimes if it is overcast I will throw out my puddle decoys as well. I am still learning so I am yet to shoot a limit but haven't been skunked (average around 3 or 4). Birds have started to leave in the last week. Cant wait to load up on decoys next year. I plan on hunting Simcoe soon and Ill post details after.
JRinger
hunter

Re: info on diver hunting kwarthas and muskokas

Postby JRinger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 am

I have been getting mostly buffleheads and goldeneyes.
JRinger
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting