Bradley Hunt Club - My best waterfowl hunt experience WOW!!

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Bradley Hunt Club - My best waterfowl hunt experience WOW!!

Postby Bassive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 pm

I'd been interested in waterfowl hunting since I first started hunting. I'd done the slogging in the marsh and fields before and was looking for another type of experience. A first rate one with near guaranteed success and a place that can teach me tips I can take away with me back home to my local marsh and fields.

After some research, reviewing boards and talking to seasoned hunters "in the know" I came across one name several times. 'Bradley Hunting Club' (which is a public club). The place has history..almost 100 years in fact and 80 year in the hunting business...not a 'fly by night' (pun intended ) outfitter and i've read about several times, ripping folks off of their hard earned money.

I called the Bradley Club and chatted with Jane Bradley, a third generation Bradley and hunter herself. She explained how the 3000 acre property are farmed and managed to maximize the hunter's experience and bird migration/return success rate. Her insight and outstanding knowledge sold me. I had to hunt at Bradley! My buddy and I booked our hunt for mid October and began to count down the days.

Sunday night arrived and we left Toronto for our 3 hour drive. We arrived and settled in. What a GREAT Lodge and club house.

The next morning we had a bite to eat, some coffee and were met by our guide Mike who picked us up at the club house and took us out for a marsh hunt. Once at the dock, we boarded out jon boat and poled out to our blind. It was the NICEST blind i've ever been in. Dry, perfectly built and VERY easy to hunt from. Once the sun started to poke out Mike began to call. All of the decoys & mojos had already been set up as the season was underway. The area just behind the marsh we hunted was as sanctuary. The action was fast and furious, our hearts were pumping as we sat back until the last second, then GO TIME!! The duck flew all around us, and we did VERY well. Every time we got one. The guide and Ellie (our AWSOME black lab retriever) would spring into action and retrieve our game. It was SO great! We saw them all, pintails, ringnecks, geese, etc. At times in the distance it looked like a black cloud was coming in, but it was not rain, it was waterfowl!! My buddy and I must have said "WOW" about 1000 times that morning. Before we knew it we limited out. WOW again! It was my BEST HUNT EVER.

After a few pics, lunch and exchanging hunt stories back in clubhouse over some 'pops' :beer: with our 10 new American pals from Tennessee we walked around the grounds for bit. It was that group's 4-5th time there. They love Canada. SO PROUD to be Canadian!

What a great place. Lot's of family history and stories to be shared by the Bradley "family" (staff & Bradley relatives alike) who run the club.

Upon packing up and saying our goodbyes we were given our ducks, cleaned and packed ready for our trip home (small added cost but well worth it).

Next time we'll have to try one of their other hunts. Cut corn, flooded corn, or dry field.

I've added some pics here but more loaded here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cacciai...th/8197637732/

For hunt info connect with Jane Bradley at www.bradleyhuntclub.ca/ Tell her Roberto sent ya!. Glad to share any more info just reply here or msg me.

thanks!
Bassive
Attachments
8196538695_614fe8fd27.jpg
8197584594_6a4aeb6bf8.jpg
8196528349_e45eb2ac4e.jpg
8197615352_b1f235e755.jpg
Bassive
Newb

Re: Bradley Hunt Club - My best waterfowl hunt experience WOW!!

Postby Erie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 am

Do you always sit in the duck blind with the safety off on your gun? :no: :huh:
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 am

$1200/day per the website.....and still pay $6 or $7 per bird for cleaning...Um no thanks. Not much killing in those photos. I believe I will just hang on to my money and let the Canadians find other business
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby Bassive » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Erie wrote:Do you always sit in the duck blind with the safety off on your gun? :no: :huh:

It helps my success rate to switch it off right before I shoot. LOL.
My pal took the pic right after I saw a few come down to the decoys. Oh man was my heart pump'n.
Bassive
Newb

Postby quack wackr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:08 am

Erie wrote:Do you always sit in the duck blind with the safety off on your gun? :no: :huh:

lol yes. keep your barrel pointed out
quack wackr
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Dam....If I hit the lottery tonight I would go there, It's up to 325 million, I could go there for one day and be broke......... :lol: ... :lol:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Bassive » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 am

War Wagon wrote:Dam....If I hit the lottery tonight I would go there, It's up to 325 million, I could go there for one day and be broke......... :lol: ... :lol:

hey, It's not that bad if you do the 1/2 day. :-) Take me with you if you win. :beer:
Bassive
Newb

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:38 am

Closest thing to an infomercial I've read in awhile.

You could spend 2 weeks in Sask or MB for the same price of a day at that club............Image Spending $1200 a day to hunt ducks. Somebody needs their heads read. :lol:
Last edited by The Pas Swamp Donkey on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:43 am

Was this one of the American hunters you were with?

Lol, lets take a look at a weekend's outing. Assume Friday night and leave Sunday. Two days fees, $1740, $360 for lodging, $130 for meals, $112 for guide, (lets assume limits of mallards) $112 for bird cleaning, plus 13% HST and tips. I don't know about your math, but I get around $2600 for a weekend hunting. Ouch.

I hunted SW Ontario when I was going to University in London Ont. years ago. It was a challenge, but you could freelance and do extremely well. When I moved out west and saw what the praries offered, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. If this is what "hunting" in Ontario has devolved to, then enjoy your $1200/day hunts and your Toronto Maple Leafs. :hi:
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting