Duck Hunting Forum banner

Waterfowl and upland hunt Sask or Alb. Please help

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  REM1100 
#1 ·
My buddy and I are planning a hunt to Alberta or Sask. this coming fall. I would appreciate a little help in getting some basic info. We are wanting to hunt Sharptails and Ducks, primarily and Huns and Geese if available. We have pointing dogs. We are both experienced.

Is it reasonable to think that we can freelance a trip?
Can anyone give us some general areas where we would be able to hunt both waterfowl and upland birds?
We were thinking if about the second week of September. Is that a decent time?
Will we be able to hunt fields that time of year?

We would sure appreciate any info we can get. Once we get things pinned down a bit, we will get maps, contact conservation officers, etc.

Thanks so much in advance.

Marty

#3 ·
Alberta is a good bet for hungarian partridge and some spots in Sask are good for sharptails even though the count is down and the season doesn't open to mid Sept. plus the Govt. may cut down the limit.
Sask has a lot of ducks. I personally go to Sask and never saw one hungarian partridge and chased sharpies all day and couldn't get close for a shot..next season I will use some 22 long rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.